Vendor's Booth: General
Sponsor:   Hyundai Aftermarket
This forum is for general vendors to talk about items they sell, and for users to talk
about their experiences/problems with buying automotive parts.

Body Kit = Worth it?

Old 09-28-2004, 04:05 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: My SS turbo exhaust manifold custom made by AXIS

Hey, I've been debating whether to buy a body kit or not. I know most of you have one and would say "isn't it standard" but I just dont wanna spend all the money buying a one, getting it painted and what not and then it just gets scratched up and crap like all hell. I've seen some that look really bad cause of it. Ecspecially cause I'm from Wisconsin with snow and crap and I just dont wanna spend all that money when it could go to something more fullfilling that a hassle. Inputs?
Old 09-28-2004, 04:09 PM

Default Re: Strut Bar (Front)

i was just about to ask... lol
Old 09-28-2004, 04:18 PM

Default Re: My SS turbo exhaust manifold custom made by AXIS

I think they are worth it. BUT.............. There are a few things to think about.

1) What you like! Is it something that you really want or is it just because everyone else does it.

2) Is my car for show, just to kick around in (no!). How it will be used....

3) Will I be able to park it for the winter. If not think of how much snow you get. Ground clearence with a kit on, in the snow....

4) How do you drive..... smile.gif

5) Quality of work installer does......

6) Road condition in your area.... :roll:
Just a starting point to think on b-4 you do a kit. Basically it all depends on you & what your willing to put up with.
Old 09-28-2004, 04:32 PM

Default Re: Strut Bar (Front)

Yep it's all about personal taste and expenses. Also, if you have crapy roads like I have in my town, you may want to think about that as well. There alot of Hondas that are missing parts of their front lips and/or cracks running on them due to the poor quality of some of the roads here.
Old 09-28-2004, 07:47 PM

Default Re: Mods that you can feel the difference..

thanks a lot for some good things to ponder... i think im leaning more towards not getting one, although it will be for show, i think with road conditions and what not, it wouldnt be wise... and there are a lot of other things id like to buy right now anyways... thanks again!
Old 09-28-2004, 11:01 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul
Default Re: Alpine supercharger....anybody have one???

Don't double post.

I took care of it.

Welcome to the site. Lots of Body Kit questions and such here.

They are a great investment. Get a good NAME BRAND one and make sure you are happy with it. You may want to get a winter beater car and garage your new kitted Tib in the winters.
Old 09-29-2004, 10:10 AM

Vehicle: 2004 Acura TL
Default Re: Custom Diamond Plate Mats

Yup you gotta decide what you need and want. If you want to go fast a piss ass around in the winter with your car, start buying engine parts. But if you have the ability to store your vehicle and enjoy a beater for the winter AND you don't have to worry about $h!ittee roads then get the kit.