Vehicle Showroom This forum is for you to post up images of your car, if you do not want to use the Gallery. You can upload directly from your posts or use Imageshack to host files.

What I Been Up Too This Weekend

Old 03-28-2009, 05:30 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2004 Volkswagen Jetta GLI

Ok, so this is the first weekend the family has not gone up to my friends house in DC for the weekend...

so i took the opportunity to get some things done...

Beta 2 Valve Cover, painted spark plug cover Cast Iron, I like to thank SOCKS for the color, i think it goes well with my color tib(also put in 1.8L cam)

i will be painting other things in ebay to go along with the Cast Iron color...

VHT my tails, I diffently will be ordering LEDS for these on the 15th

once i get my some more money and other parts, i will be done with exterior besides painting it stock color
Old 03-28-2009, 05:42 PM

Vehicle: 1999 Hyundai Tiburon

Me likey the spark plug cover.

Me likey the tails, it's light tailllight covers, only without the taillight covers.

I ain't nothing much for green, but I like your car, nice and clean.

And your painting your car?....what color you going with if so, got a pic?

And you got plans on a spoiler?
Old 03-28-2009, 05:48 PM

Thank you...

alot of people either like the color or make fun of it...but i mostly get "Who painted your car and what color code is it"...all i say its stock

Yes, my clear coat is fading and it snow/ice real bad at beginning of the month and i scraped the hell out of paint...but I keeping it the same color, one is exotic looking ( lmao.gif ), but mainly cuz it is unique

oh im going spoiler less
Old 03-28-2009, 05:49 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

Looks good man. Really like the color of the covers and the tails. Tails definitely look good on your car. Only negative thing is the color of the strut bar bracket..... Why blue?!?!?! When it seems you are going for red lol.
Old 03-28-2009, 05:49 PM
DTN

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I thought these were sunglasses at first and wondered why you posted pics of your sunglasses... LOL.
http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g189/mwo...27/101_0006.jpg

Are your spark cover and timing cover 2 different colors?

I would seriously consider waiting for the VHT to dry for a day or two, then sanding it with 800 grit sand paper and applying 2-3 layers of clear coat. After that, you can sand down the clear coat with 2000 grit sand paper, then some rubbing compound and wax. It makes the VHT look SUPER CLEAR but tinted dark at the same time. The VHT leaves a rippled effect on the outside of the lens similar to a frosted or stained glass window. If you add clear coat to the top layer it will look just like tinted glass on your window.
Old 03-28-2009, 05:51 PM

Vehicle: 2001 hyundai tiburon

me wrikey...

get that header coated and heatwrapped.

fing02.gif
Old 03-28-2009, 05:55 PM
DTN

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

It looks like you left the holes open from your spoiler deletion. When I removed my roof spoiler, I added plugs from advanced auto parts. They have them in the help section. You may find that useful. http://i236.photobucket.com/albums/ff111/D...ed/100_4195.jpg
Old 03-28-2009, 06:07 PM

Vehicle: 2001 hyundai tiburon

^^^ agreed, used them in the ricer spoiler holes i got in my hatch from the last owner, but not for long.
Old 03-28-2009, 06:12 PM

Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX

yes mwood, looks sooooo much better without that play-doh spoiler! now the car looks mature. it's got that sleep effect to it.

haha, almost got me too!

how is the cam?! i've got one, but never had the balls to tamper my high mileage engine while it's running great because i need id DD. gains, sound?
Old 03-28-2009, 06:12 PM

^^^

thank you

yeah i love the look of spoiler less on RD2 or ATH spoiler or type r...

i had a cam in my old engine, i did not drive it today, cuz i have been drinking and i live on military base and my neighbors seen me drinking...just need sure everything started fine

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (DTN @ Mar 28 2009, 07:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Are your spark cover and timing cover 2 different colors?</div>

no, its not just one came out darker then other...spray painting is not my strong suits...but im improving

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (UrS0NvS @ Mar 28 2009, 07:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>me wrikey...

get that header coated and heatwrapped.

fing02.gif</div>

I plan on get the header sandblast first and coated and wrapped...

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (DTN @ Mar 28 2009, 07:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>It looks like you left the holes open from your spoiler deletion. When I removed my roof spoiler, I added plugs from advanced auto parts. They have them in the help section. You may find that useful. http://i236.photobucket.com/albums/ff111/D...ed/100_4195.jpg</div>

acutally the holes are pluged up