Vehicle Showroom This forum is for you to post up images of your car, if you do not want to use the Gallery. You can upload directly from your posts or use Imageshack to host files.

What I Been Up Too This Weekend

Old 03-28-2009, 08:33 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 Tiburon

Really like the color of the valve color. It fits really nice wityh the engine bay.
Old 04-17-2009, 05:31 PM

Vehicle: 2004 Volkswagen Jetta GLI

well i bought a shark steam cleaner for the house, but i used it today for first time in engine it helped with simple green and stoch bite pads...I'm not finished

finally painted my strut bar mounts and bar, as well as cap for Power Steering, Coolant, Windshield Washer, Master brake cylinder

now i just need to sandblast headers and wrapped them, get my intake manifold and tb painted black after i get it ported/bored out (TB)

tell me what you think
Old 04-17-2009, 05:36 PM

Vehicle: 2000/Hyundai/Tiburon

Having that bar all painted up really seems to make a difference in how the engine looks. I couldn't figure out exactly what it was until you said that you painted the strut bar.

Looks really good! fing02.gif
Old 05-05-2009, 08:14 AM

ok so yesterday...i got bored and decided to wrap my headers

well everything was fine until i could not get the bolts off for my downpipe...so i took to it with my handy demel and colt off wheel...

let me tell you it was a PITA to wrap...but i got it done and in time where i still had some light to spray with DEI silicone...

let me tell you my son got the modding itch too, helping me use my cheap heat gun...

and reinstalled this morning...thanks to Nate, I love these header caps...only reason im missing one is cuz it will not fit on cuz of the header wrap

all i need is 3 more things i should be done...but everyone knows how that goes
Old 05-05-2009, 09:34 AM

Vehicle: 2000 tiburon

10000X better. i like the header wrap but i had heard that if you didnt get the header hot enough it would damage it over time. do you race alot? or did you do more research?? cause mine is OBX too and it looks like poop i've been wanting to wrap for awhile but i've been scared.
Old 05-05-2009, 10:01 AM

nope i dont race at all...i did it mainly for looks and to see if it help with the buzz that OBX headers have...

Old 05-05-2009, 12:24 PM

Vehicle: 1997 Tiburon

Hey man, good job on the wrap but I got a couple questions.

1. Why did you wrap the intake? You want heat to dissipate out of the pipe, now instead its insulted and traps the heat in all the way to the tb. Wrapping the intake doesn't really prevent it from heating up. Wrapping the header will keep the heat in, instead of dissipating in the engine bay heating everything else up, which solves the problem for the intake side without the wrap on it.

2nd. Why do you have a filter on the pcv? It's really not doing anything since the pintle is closed because its seeing only atmospheric pressure, which really is 0 psi. So right now your only using your breather. On a NA motor you need the vacuum to draw out gases, on light to medium load the pcv works to draw out the fumes, but as you have it, its not. What I'm saying is that the breather only, is not efficient.
Old 05-05-2009, 01:31 PM

when weather is better outside i will be taking the wrap off the CAI and painting it flat black...im unfortunetly i dont have a garage (YET) and have to do all my painting when weather is good and sunny...it has been cloudy as crap pass days and will continue through the rest of the week
Old 05-05-2009, 02:00 PM
DTN

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (tanc @ May 5 2009, 02:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Hey man, good job on the wrap but I got a couple questions.

1. Why did you wrap the intake? You want heat to dissipate out of the pipe, now instead its insulted and traps the heat in all the way to the tb. Wrapping the intake doesn't really prevent it from heating up. Wrapping the header will keep the heat in, instead of dissipating in the engine bay heating everything else up, which solves the problem for the intake side without the wrap on it.</div>

The air will be coldest when it comes into the Cold Air Intake. Wrapping it will act as insulation and keep the warm engine bay air off of it.
Old 05-05-2009, 02:52 PM

Vehicle: 1997 Tiburon

I'd somewhat agree with you if the headers weren't already wrapped. Since they are wrapped, it won't do much of anything if you have a properly routed CAI.