Vehicle Showroom This forum is for you to post up images of your car, if you do not want to use the Gallery. You can upload directly from your posts or use Imageshack to host files.

....well it is a p.o.s. but i love it...

Old 02-01-2005, 10:42 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (HyundaiKitCoupe)</div><div class='quotemain'>My point is--if you take the engine out of a Ferrari, would you still compare it to a Civic?

anyways... that's just my view. of course, i just think that hyundais are the better alternative, stock, or not. right now you can buy a 1997 tib for $1000-$3000. I bought mine for $3,000 three years ago and I got every single option possible (all leather, sunroof, fogs, system, 4 discs, CD) and my best friend bought a 96' Accord Basic with no options for $5,000. He had to do everything that I had already like disc swaps, projectors, shifters... it cost him $3,000 to do those. plus you get more looks! haha. anyways, that's just me. i'm not one of those civic vs. tiburon guys. i just look for the good deals and have had my eyes open.</div>

How can you compare a plastic/steel import to a full C/F monocoque chassis? Ok, even if you were to dumb down from the Enzo Ferrari to the old Ferrari GTO...at least Ferrari made the attempt of doing R&D work on aerodynamic designs. Honda grabbed a box and tried to make it aerodynamic. Why? Cheap and inexpensive. Virtually very little R&D work in the wind tunnel.

But I'll get off my rant about Ferrari's form meeting function.

And the red Tib needs to get rid of the gh3y pin striping. No offense, but pin striping holds true to domestics, not imports. I know some of the older Tibs game with the pin striping scheme, but that's just wrong. mad.gif

I still don't understand why people get body kits. The Tib itself is sexy AS IS. No need to slap on something different to make yourself different. Remember, if chicks comment on your body kit, than your stock Tib, you know she's a skank. wink1.gif
Old 02-01-2005, 03:17 PM

Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>And the red Tib needs to get rid of the gh3y pin striping. No offense, but pin striping holds true to domestics, not imports. I know some of the older Tibs game with the pin striping scheme, but that's just wrong. </div> already done! =b

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>I still don't understand why people get body kits. The Tib itself is sexy AS IS. No need to slap on something different to make yourself different. Remember, if chicks comment on your body kit, than your stock Tib, you know she's a skank.</div>

agreed! i don't either. tibs look great already. that's why most of us don't get all of the items needed to have like carbon fiber side mirrors, shifters/knobs, doorhandles...etc. 'tis why i got the F2 bumper my man. I might make moldings with your instructions. i'd rather have a chick say, "holy sh*t that's an F2 bumper! how much did it cost?" than "nice kit".

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>How can you compare a plastic/steel import to a full C/F monocoque chassis?</div>
exactly. you can't but you can come closer to comparing a tiburon to a ferrari than a civic just by appearance and styling, interior as well (only because tibs and civics are "classified" to be in the same category and pricerange. my point is for a lesser price you get so much more. who cares about how sh**tty reputation the car has? people go ahead and buy a car with a good rep backing them because they think they're going to have it for as long as they live?--no way! something is going to cause them to sell it. nature is always going to fvck it up. accidents are always going to fvck it up. so the tops you're going to own a car is 5-10 years. you might as well get a sporty tiburon which is attractive and comes with luxury items for a better price than a box car you think is going to last you until you need a ramp to get in the seat.

as for honda s2000, okay, that can be a nice car to own. but it's a $30,000 car! tiburons are definitely not in the same class as s2000's. but they're just as hot. so in conclusion, "If you're paying for the engine, you might as well get the body to go with it. Not the other way around."
Old 02-21-2005, 11:46 AM

is that nansemond parkway? lol
Old 02-21-2005, 03:48 PM

no, it's actually off a road in Hickory (chesapeake,VA). i honestly forgot the name of it. it's off centerville right by the Hickory rd--centerville intersection.
Old 02-21-2005, 08:19 PM

car loks great..already saw the pictures on drag but they still look good...i am doing my headlights shortly and the tib should look better then. Well, when you come back to 757, give me a ring.
Old 02-22-2005, 04:45 AM

oh i know where that is. I think. If that is over by the courts............. ummm. dont ask why i know where those are. lol. so far the only courts I havent been to around here is VA Beach. Im working on that now though!!!
Old 02-22-2005, 09:52 AM

i know this i changew of subject, but you va beach tyring to start something, like a hyundai club, some s*** like that. im from elizabeth city nc, just moved to alexandria va, near dc, i go to the va beach strip all the time. give me a shout tell me well what you think

p.s maybe a east coast bbq like there doing in abq
Old 02-22-2005, 11:19 AM

that sounds cool.But my car is in no position to show. LOL. huge dent in the side. Post a thread for this meet.
Old 02-22-2005, 11:32 AM

Vehicle: 2000 Hyundai Tiburon

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (KayDM)</div><div class='quotemain'>yeah, i don't really like clear corners on tibs, if mine were all amber that'dbe pretty dope.</div>

Im doing that soon to mine wink1.gif

nice car, just dump that ****.
Old 02-22-2005, 09:08 PM

as for the group meet up, i'm down i'm at school in blacksburg but over the summer i'll be down to meet up....

and no it's not really out by the chesapeake courthouses, it's hickory, about 10-15mins from north carolina line it's kinda where centerville rd connects with s. battlefield blvd.

-let me know how your amber corner adventure works out...

as for dropping, it i recently got arrested for a drunk in public and possesion (by consumption) tickets...i'm gonna continue to be broke...really broke.