Vehicle Showroom This forum is for you to post up images of your car, if you do not want to use the Gallery. You can upload directly from your posts or use Imageshack to host files.

....well it is a p.o.s. but i love it...

Old 01-28-2005, 05:48 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (HyundaiKitCoupe)</div><div class='quotemain'>hey man, looks great! you need to get rims. i never liked the 2k rims... the tibs are great cars. we just need to take care of them because they are aging.

i love the tiburons... really nice pictures. i love the car. it's perfect. but i've grown to dislike the bumper coming back inward when looking from sideways. it was really cool the way they had it coming inward because it's like a real shark... but the f2 bumper is just bad arse.

have you ever looked at your car from the under perspective. tibs look great in every direction. next time you get a chance, look at your car when it's on the lift. it looks really neat!

if i were in your situation... i'd go ahead and get the eibach pro complete kit for $800 from shox.com. there's nothing like rims on a lowered car with stiff suspension. but... your car is dentless and flawless! keep the great things up!</div>well rims are out of the question, i dont' want them, and if i got htem i wouldn't get more than 15's....as for lowering i'd love to have it lowered if i ever get enough money in my pocket 800 would be a whole year of frat dues right now....it's pretty rough money wise right now.
Old 01-28-2005, 07:25 AM

No, I've washed my engine bay over the summer...some of the dirt just doesn't come off. Stones have been embedded on the plastic valve cover...the heat shield on the hood is blasted with faint traces of mud, the underside of the engine...well...let's not even go there.

Sorry, but I actually do rally my car...I'm not afraid to drive around in a mud-covered car. Better paint job than some of the Tibs I've seen... tongue.gif:
Old 01-28-2005, 11:08 AM

I clean my engine bay as often as I change oil....
Old 01-28-2005, 11:36 AM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ArcticChill)</div><div class='quotemain'>No, I've washed my engine bay over the summer...some of the dirt just doesn't come off. Stones have been embedded on the plastic valve cover...the heat shield on the hood is blasted with faint traces of mud, the underside of the engine...well...let's not even go there.

Sorry, but I actually do rally my car...I'm not afraid to drive around in a mud-covered car. Better paint job than some of the Tibs I've seen... tongue.gif:</div>
i mean i'm not afraid to get my car dirty, i love messing around in the dirt, hell i've got it stuck in mud on a few occations, and i love driving on dirty trails at a little risky speed...but my car is always getting cleaned, back home i work at a car dealership. couple times a week my car would get cleaned, it would never be dirty ever.
Old 01-28-2005, 10:30 PM

Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX

it's cool KayDm. man... i loved my stock rims so much. i actually never ever wanted to change the rims. cleaned them every other day with orange cleaner (works like magic!) and even got brand new expensive tires just because i thought the car was perfect.

it wasn't until my sister's boi parked his hooked up 300zx (modded to look like ferrari f40) next to my car in the parking. comparison to the turbo 300zx my car looked like a tin-can. i needed to do something about it right away. i finally saw the things i had not seen before.

so then the following few days, a year after high school ended, i pull up to a light which had just changed to red. next to me, the only car in sight, the loveliest, prettiest, hottest girl ever whom i've always liked in high school and beyond, who didn't even know me personally,rolls down her window first right away. then i rolled down mine (thank god for power tiburon windows standard) and we just started talking as if we knew each other. i swear it was the happiest day since the day i first saw her. i was so glad to finally be sure that she knew me. it made me euphoric and glad i took out the tiburon since it was still an attractive car. BUT--the point of the story was when i drove back home i looked at my rims. the paint was chipping and they grew old. i knew that the next time i meet the girl, i had to really spend some time with the car; to help personalize it and make it live up to its real potential. then i began messing around and fulfilling my dreams early. i knew it would be a pain in the butt... but now it looks like a ferrari and i can park it next to the 300zx with confidence. he's even jealous! and i get sooo many compliments, i find myself actually wanting to show off the tib.

my point is beyond all modesty and beyond spending money on the car for yourself. i'm doing it primarily for the girls haha! the last time i parked the tib out front, i had the ladies curious to see it. so now, the porsche standard is out of the question; my next goal is to make it look as good or even better than that Supra that parks next to me.

haha... just wanted to share that. it's really cool. i wish i could show you the before/after pics. good luck with green for green! everything does cost a lot of money... i'm probably not going to lower mine any time soon. but it's my next really serious mod. it really depends on where you live... keep it real!
Old 01-29-2005, 12:59 AM

haah i'm not all about being flashy, i like the subtle car that looks chill and clean, but will haul balls.

aka i want a type-r swap civic hatch with a lip and some mugen wheels.
Old 01-30-2005, 12:24 AM

Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>haah i'm not all about being flashy, i like the subtle car that looks chill and clean, but will haul balls.

aka i want a type-r swap civic hatch with a lip and some mugen wheels.</div>

haha i know what you mean. tibs can haul if you can do the insides right. i had some troubles with evap cannister until this darned winter froze my hands from continuing!

some civics don't look all that bad. some like bmw's. but when you still compare them to tiburons there's still no comparison no matter how much you do to a civic, the tiburon will always look nicer. so i guess what you're getting at is, no matter what you do to a tiburon, it will always be nice? (disregarding the "ugliest tiburons" thread, i think that there is a limit to every car. we can all agree on that.

anyways, check out my before/after. stock isn't all that bad. i miss it sometimes! i really do. but have a look and see what a difference it has made:

Old 01-30-2005, 09:31 AM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (KayDM)</div><div class='quotemain'>custom intake</div>

it looks like all you did was take off the factory intake and jsut put a cone filter on the end of the elbow. that will get you a great sound but, the only problem is that now you are pulling in hot air from your engine bay. you need to get some pipeing to get it moved down under the battery tray. taht will help you pull in colder air from outside the engine bay. you will have to watch out for deep water though. but most people dont go into water that would close to foot and a half deep. it will help you hp too. colder air, more compresed, puts more fule to match, more power.
Old 01-30-2005, 10:23 AM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

^^^
Welcome to the site, we know, we've had this conversation with KayDM several times.

LOL

KayDM, BTW, there is a decent CAI for sale in the FS Section.
Old 01-30-2005, 01:10 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Kiltman)</div><div class='quotemain'>it looks like all you did was take off the factory intake and jsut put a cone filter on the end of the elbow. that will get you a great sound but, the only problem is that now you are pulling in hot air from your engine bay. you need to get some pipeing to get it moved down under the battery tray. taht will help you pull in colder air from outside the engine bay. you will have to watch out for deep water though. but most people dont go into water that would close to foot and a half deep. it will help you hp too. colder air, more compresed, puts more fule to match, more power.</div>
honestly man i'm not an idiot,i know what the intake is doing. i know all it is is a cone filter on the little rubber elbow. i'm not that worried about it, it's quicker than stock with it so i don't really care, a CAI isn't on my high list of things to do, i'd rather spend that money to fill up my tank for once in the past month+

as for hyundaikitcoupe, i don't really like the stock RD 1 wheels, but i definately like the new wheels on the car, i would have just gone with a smaller size, anything bigger than 16's looks weird on a tib imo.

and as for tiburons looking nicer than civics, i dn't really agree. our interiors i nicer, but our seats aren't better than some nice integra seats or even civic seats for that matter. i think a pretty EK hatch with just like the CTR lip kit and some ill 15's is all you need.

a pretty civic

some sexy hatches (note the blue one's wheels)