Vehicle Showroom This forum is for you to post up images of your car, if you do not want to use the Gallery. You can upload directly from your posts or use Imageshack to host files.

UrS0NvS' Rd2 "the Build"

Old 04-24-2009, 11:41 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 hyundai tiburon

i'll have some more tonight...
Old 04-24-2009, 04:17 PM

Vehicle: 1997 Tiburon

Are you stitch welding the holes in a circle mode till you get to the middle are you just fiber glassing them shut?
Old 04-24-2009, 05:09 PM

Vehicle: 2011 Kawasaki ZX6R

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>no way in hell will i ever give up mountain dew though. my body is definitely caffiene injected.</div>

Mountain Dew is caffiene free.....

Forgot you live in the states. They do have 55mg of caffiene in it there. But you guys get the crappy sodas ;P
We get sugar in all ours. You guys dont I win
Old 04-24-2009, 06:11 PM
DTN

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

You're my hero UrS0NvS! I really mean that. I wish I could weld and do some of the projects that you do.

I am just like you with my caffine addiction and cigarettes, however I'm scared to drink a soda after I get off work because caffine effects me too much. I'd be up LEDing something until midnight with just 1 12oz can of Diet Pepsi at 5PM. I usually drink an entire pot of coffee in the morning though. If I could only drink some coffee right when I get off work, I'd get so much more done.

I can't wait until 2 weeks. I'm done with the army and I'll have a week to stay up late getting things done before I start my roadtrip.
Old 04-24-2009, 10:52 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (tanc @ Apr 24 2009, 06:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Are you stitch welding the holes in a circle mode till you get to the middle are you just fiber glassing them shut?</div>

stitch weld man but i will also be using a watered down sponge for more cooling effect, just the way i was taught is all. tack, lay sponge on tack, do it again. circular mode in a way... tack one spot, move to the opposite side, tack, move as far away again.

ok, more stuff tonight done. had to do a bit of cleanup in the area that my car will be going in this weekend so i still cant get really crazy but this is what i worked on tonight.

rear bumper off. some mods i had done in terms of sound deadening made me work a little in reverse.

such a nice little present i found when the bumper came off. i wonder what could be done about this?

rear vents have a hemmorage,lol. the rear vents are going to be deleted.

grind the paint off and make a patch plate to cover the hole. i dont know why i am so anal about these rear vents, but i hate them.

ahhh, clean metal. tomorrow will be a good day for welding as it is supposed to be cool and raining all day.

just a chuggin' along, slowly but surely.
Old 04-25-2009, 08:45 AM
DTN

lol. Let me know how that effects everything. I want to delete my vents but I'm worried because even with my vent, if I slam my hatch, the sunroof pops up from the air pressure. I'm just worried about putting too much strain on the sunroof and have been dealing with the dirth floating in on dusty roads.
Old 04-25-2009, 09:48 AM

^^^ seriously man, why slam anything? when you slam a pivoting mechanism such as a car door, hatch, or even the hood you are creating excess wear and tear on the lock mechanism plus you are jarring the sheetmetal when the main pivot area is. this leads to doors sagging cause the metal behind the hinge is bent or even torn.

drop the hatch down to where you feel the lock engage, then press firmly.
Old 04-25-2009, 09:50 AM

Vehicle: 2000/Hyundai/Tiburon

^^ I'm not sure I understand, mind doing a DIY? nana.gif

Just kidding, that looks really good! I know I wouldn't be able to have all those parts laying around and not install them. No way could I have waited.
Old 04-26-2009, 12:11 AM

^^haha, i am just glad that i am finally to the point of putting them on.

ok, more body work done today. I know it probably seems that i am taking a long time on the rear of the car but if you think about it there is a ton of work i am doing in terms of filling all them holes.

ricer wing holes filled

antenna and rear wiper hole filled.

rear vents completely sealed. you can see the skim layer of putty on the antenna and rear wiper holes.

deck lid puttied with first sanding.

I will be waiting to get the rear squiter hole and the hole below that when i get the hatch off. that is all for saturday.
Old 04-26-2009, 12:34 AM
DTN

<div align='center'> <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (UrS0NvS @ Apr 25 2009, 11:48 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'></div>drop the hatch down to where you feel the lock engage, then press firmly.</div>

I can't do that. In order to keep the trunk from rattling when the bass hits, the bumpers have to be adjusted so that they put alot of upward pressure on the hatch. It's possible to shut it without slamming, but then I have to put alot of pressure down on the hatch which could bend the sheet metal if I place my hands wrong.