Vehicle Showroom This forum is for you to post up images of your car, if you do not want to use the Gallery. You can upload directly from your posts or use Imageshack to host files.

UrS0NvS' Rd2 "the Build"

Old 04-21-2009, 09:38 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 hyundai tiburon

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (mwood @ Apr 21 2009, 09:01 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>i wish i had the luxury to to do it all at once, but being in military hurts that idea, cuz needing my car everyday...
would take wifey's car but with having a young son...does not seem like a good idea</div>

i am borrowing my grandma's "pimp ride" at the moment, a 1985 buick lesabre collector's edition. a true"land yaught",lol . it too me roughly ten years from the time i was divorced until now to be able to be fininancially stable enough to be able to do all i want to do to a vehicle. Moving my fomr my hometown to where i am now helped a great deal in terms of more pay, it just takes time.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (capn tibs @ Apr 21 2009, 09:35 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>When you ripped off the sideskirts were they molded/fiberglassed on or just fastened?</div>

I never did any pics of tearing off the kit mainly cause i was embarrassed by it. the kid's dad had a buddy install it and didn't do a good job. they used push pins to install the sideskirts if that tells you the quality of the job. the only thing that i am saving from that kit is the rear pods. they are rare, and actually look pretty good when they are installed properly. one time one of them was hanging when i came out of a stor in KC. found out later that they didn't make sure to enclose them all the way since the center of the pods is hollow and sand had packed up in there. the pods weigh roughly 3 to 4 lbs. . they weigh almost 25 lbs. when the hollow core is filled completely with sand,lol.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (tibby01 @ Apr 21 2009, 02:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>nice man, how much fun was the deadening? lol</div>

LoL, you KNOW for a fact how much fun it is. nana.gif i lost my roller for some reason right after i done the floor of the hatch area so i did the rest by using my finger and a heat gun. i think my hands hurt for almost a week after that. I'm going to take a few more pics tonight of the fiberfilly and the filling of the rear vents so i can show anyone else how i done it.

I am heading out right now to talk to the glass guy because some reason he thinks he needs 150 bux more for doing the same job he quoted a month ago. i swear, people can be sharks in a recession. he quoted me 125 bux to pull all the windows if i pulled the interior for him, so i pulled it...now it's 275....azz.

got quite a bit more done tonight. taking off parts and making baggies for each part so i dont lose the screws, categorizing, etc. takes a long time but well worth it when you put it all back together.

more gutted happiness

fiberfill (pillow stuffing) in the rear quarterpanels for my sound dampening. yes, this made alot of difference even after all the matting.

spray foam the rear vents shut. my vents had the little rubber gaskets fall off of them and when i went down dirt roads it was a dust cloud in my hatch area. not to mention when it would rain, i would literally have a lake in the little cubby hole just below the vent. sealed that booger shut and no more dust or water. I have had this "mod" done for close to a year now and have NEVER blew out my hatch window when i shut the hatch. but then again, i drop my down all the way and then push it shut, like it should be done, duh.

door mouldings on passenger and drivers side off. i never realized just how many damn screws and plastic push pins there was that was holding this all on, christ.

these are holes you get from one of those awesome ebay ricer wings if you want to go back to a stock wing. I will be fusing these shut this weekend with my TIG.

antenna, rear wiper, and hatch window squirter are all gone and will be up for sale. i will be smoothing all these holes shut also.

hopefully i can get the hood off tomorrow and other parts around the engine bay tomorrow so i can get ready for the motor to come out. as soon as the windows come out on friday (glass guy had to reschedule) i can start really getting crazy in terms of engine removal and suspension removal. there is a S-10 that is in the bay where my car will be parked but it will be out by friday with a new paint job on it so i can then move my car there to be more of a permanent fixture.

this is kind of a idea of the color scheme i will be after, but more black with a darker grey. hate to say it but picture our COTY on my car but dark greay on the bottom with black on top w/red stripe. anyways...
http://www.automobilesreview.com/gallery/n...-stillen_02.jpg

that is all for tuesday, April 21st.
Old 04-21-2009, 11:41 PM

Those holes that were left behind by the old rice wing make me cringe.....

What would be the benifits if I put cotton stuffs behind my rear speakers, like you did.
I do have aftermarket speakers...

Wo Wo Wo .....didnt knowz you had an auto...
Old 04-22-2009, 09:44 AM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

He said the benefits, noise reduction.
Old 04-22-2009, 10:24 AM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

He is manual swapping eventually if I remember right.

I hated doing the sound deadening on mine. But it is so worth it. I covered everything in the stuff and have filled my rear speaker holes with stuffing. Got much better speaker sound also from doing that, plus less other noise.

Looking good. I gotta post what I did this weekend
Old 04-22-2009, 02:43 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (BlueRD2 @ Apr 22 2009, 01:41 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Those holes that were left behind by the old rice wing make me cringe.....
What would be the benifits if I put cotton stuffs behind my rear speakers, like you did.
I do have aftermarket speakers...
Wo Wo Wo .....didnt knowz you had an auto...</div>

when i worked at a car stereo place one time i learned to use fiberfill to tune big sealed boxes.

yup, autotragic smileysex5.gif ...but the swap is being done as some guys have said. getting a 01 model in '07 with 34k for the same price as one with 70k that was manual was my options at the time. not to mention this car was pretty babied by the first owner. i am the third owner. first owner was a 48 year old woman. she bought it new in '01 and put only 28k on it in 5 years.

Old 04-22-2009, 04:50 PM
DTN

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I'm really considering that fiber fill. Would it be as simple as going to walmart, buying enough, then removing the speakers and stuffing it back there?
Old 04-22-2009, 07:25 PM

^^^ easier to take out the carpeted sides and the rear plastic piece besides the seat. your arms would have to be 6 foot long toothpicks to get all the way back to the rear corner right above the rear vents. i packed that shit in as much as i could as you can tell it likes to bulge out when the plastics are off, haha.
Old 04-22-2009, 07:32 PM
DTN

I was able to put sound deadening tiles on the walls near the bottom of the speaker wells against the fender when I sound deadened the rear of my car after I got a flowmaster muffler. I think I should be able to stuff fuzz down there. I will be doing this soon. Thank you very much. This will help me on my trip soon.
Old 04-22-2009, 09:05 PM

work done today....

a crease in the door from a sideswipe....

did find out someting today. my wiper fluid reservior would always leak when i tried to fill it up, figured it was cracked. when i took it off there was a nice drilled hole right in the top of it just to the side of the neck,lol.
Old 04-23-2009, 04:44 AM
DTN

Turby skirts!!! Those are the best skirts for our car. I love how the upper line matches the line from the rear bumper. They divert air across the front of the rims which pulls air across the brakes more. They also look cool and go well with the car. Good choice on the skirts.

I see holes filled. I see body dings patched.

You have no coolant tank? What's under the power steering tank?