Vehicle Showroom This forum is for you to post up images of your car, if you do not want to use the Gallery. You can upload directly from your posts or use Imageshack to host files.

Rd1tib Update

Old 11-18-2006, 10:41 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 1997/ Hyundai/ Tiburon

So heres the update.

Just got them rotorpros dimpled and slotted for 80 (just the front), Hawk HPs 85, and got it installed on these stupid captive rotors for 90. What a deal, the darn captive rotors cost 200 to have the rotors and pads done, but this shop had no clue that it was this much work so they kept their estimate of 90. WOO HOOO. anyways, the brakes seems to be okay. I was hoping that they bite like crazy but its eh. seem like i have to step on the brakes pretty hard for it to stop... iono. I heard the HPS works well when heated so maybe thats the down fall. For some reason when ever i brake it seems to make some swooshing sound, is this common? maybe its the air going through the dimples or somthing. i dont know.

Well, as you can see from my TPS the bolts that hooked it up to the TB was striped and i had to use some inginuty to make it work and it did. Im tired of how it look soo ghetto so i purchased a used TB with TPS. I wanted it to look like i changed it or like make it look kinda different so i polished it up by hand. Since it freaking hard to do that, i just did the parts that woudl be visible when on the car.

The valve cover on the other hand, well the stock one was leaking. so i got another one and painted it the same color as my rims. It not too bad looking but i think i would have to paint more parts in the engine bay that color. Im trying to go for a unique look beside the common red blk or silver. Not that theres somethign wrong with that.

So far i got the valve cover on and it seems to still be leaking some where. i gotta pick up a new valve cover gasket soon.

Oh yea, my car is hella dirty and the paint on my wheels are in need of a new coat.

heres the pictures:

Tb/ Valve cover
Before

What was done

I will soon get the picture of the tb and valve cover once i get the tb on.
Old 11-18-2006, 11:09 AM

In that pic that valve cover looks black.

BTW your cars sexy as f***... now make it a mtx
Old 11-18-2006, 01:33 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

Ya, those screws for the TPS are very iffy, they start to strip even when you take them out properly.

Cover looks nice, post some pics with it on.
Old 11-18-2006, 03:41 PM

Vehicle: 06 suby impreza outback sport

doing the wheel bearings, rotors, wheel studs, and pads on my car wasn't really that bad, but i'm never going to do it again. i have captive rotors.
Old 11-18-2006, 09:04 PM

Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>For some reason when ever i brake it seems to make some swooshing sound, is this common? maybe its the air going through the dimples or somthing. i dont know.</div>

yeah i noticed the same thing you did. at first i didn't think the rotor swap made that much of a difference, infact i thought stock was better. but damn my pads have been through the toughest sh*t and it's my second year owning them and they are still good. i think the slots and dimples extended the life of the pads by a good margin. the clicking sound is from the dimples, personally i think it's pretty cool.

as for the valve cover, definitely get a new seal as well as a valve cover sealant. the one i used was one my muscle car friend uses. it has copper in it and it works really great! infact i think it won't give out on me, ever!

try pasting some of that on the bottom of the seal and then bolt the new valve cover and gasket in. wait about 8-10 hours before you bolt all of the bolts on for good. and do tighten the valve cover bolts one after another and work your way in so you know it's nice and even.

good luck man. looks good by the way!
Old 11-19-2006, 03:57 AM

Vehicle: 1997/ Hyundai/ Tiburon

The first time i got the captive rotors touched was when i broke a stud. Man, one stud cost me 45 bucks man. i dont have the tool to pop the rotor/and stuff from the car. Dude had a weight on a pipe and pounded it using the weight. Crazy to see man, i think my alignment also got messed up from it...

HKC- yea, im getting use to it. The sound is pretty dam unique though. U got dimpled and slotted too?
I just bought the valve cover gasket off ebay for 22 bucks. Hope it does the trick though.

Ok so i was able to put on the TB today and take some pics. At first the RPm was hella high up. It was at 2g's untill it warmed up. But after like 2-3 times starting up, the rpm started lower. Its currently running smoothly. And it look soo much better than the way it was before.

pics:

im not too sure what to do with the spark plug cover. The black dont look like it fits but iono maybe it will grow on me or somthing.
Old 11-19-2006, 04:31 AM

get some PRD plug wires, and some spark plug wire couplers and go without it.
Old 11-19-2006, 06:05 AM
Banned

cover looks good.. now do the belt cover and itll look even better.. just do without the spark plug cover like mine..

itll look hella better with the plug cover off, and the timing cover painted bronze also.

Old 11-19-2006, 10:27 AM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

Eh, I like it a lot better with the cover on, although it'd be sweet if he painted the cover too.
Old 11-19-2006, 10:28 AM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

Ehh, you painted the emblems on the cover?