Vehicle Showroom This forum is for you to post up images of your car, if you do not want to use the Gallery. You can upload directly from your posts or use Imageshack to host files.

Project Almost Done

Old 09-23-2008, 11:00 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2000/Hyundai/Turbo Tiburon

New paint is Skyline GTR 34 Bayside Blue

Engine bay before last mod.

Engine bay after last mod (NRG Damper)

Last pic

Last thing to do this year is get my brake kit on and wheels.
Old 09-23-2008, 11:44 PM

Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX

turbocharged?

nice work!! i don't know how you guys do it, but the work put into it gets much respect. i always thought rd2's needed kits but they don't have any nice ones besides the cadamuro or ixion i think. mold some lip on to that to balanced out the spoiler.

engine bay looks well kept and nothing out of place. maybe you want to do mine turbo? you can have the den.
Old 09-24-2008, 12:33 AM

Vehicle: 1997 Hyundai Fx Coupe

The engine bay, hood & paint look nice but the car looks like it could use some different rims & maybe some sort of front lip/bumper.
Old 09-24-2008, 01:46 AM

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Vehicle: 1999 Hyundai Tiburon

Wow!! The hood is spectacular!! Great job!!!
Old 09-24-2008, 03:15 AM

Vehicle: 1999 Hyundai Tiburon

Great paintjob. Love what you did with the hood. Interseting place to put your oil filter. You are using an oil cooler thus the filter got replaced there?
Old 09-24-2008, 07:12 AM

Vehicle: tiburon 1998

Wow! awsome car!!

You can paint your rims black till you get new ones.

How it drives? what did you use for tuning?
Old 09-24-2008, 03:59 PM

It drove great and I was wicked on boost. The suspension is so tight right now...I love it
I was going to go with CCW wheels but I decided to go with Motegi Forged wheels instead. The wheels will be gun metal.

It is turbo charged but right now I'm running no boost, stock injectors and stock ecu. I have a faulty wire somewhere in the body connected to the dome light/rear 3rd brake light/lp cluster fuse. It was pain just finding it so we just disconnected the fuse but not soon enough. Over time it burnt out 2 100 amp fuse in the engine bay, which burnt 2 alternators and eventually right to the bus of the ecu. That is the worse part...it killed 2 modified ecu's I had. I guess modifying the ecu's made it weaker to electric shorts. bah

Also we might have run into a snag with tuning of the ecu's. Each ecu might have a different base codes and every chip we put in would have to be modified from ground zero. Originally we thought we could use the same maps/codes from mine, put it on a chip for an ecu modded for one of you guys...but that doesn't seem to be the case. Although we won't know now until I find that stupid wire that is cause our problems. It might have been the wire issue not starting the car so I still might be able to make chips for everyone that wants it.

In any case we will still work on it but I have decided it will be low priority and I will be using Haltech E8 instead. Once the electrically is fix I will modify one more ecu and use the maps/codes I have now and see if it works. After that I will put in the Haltech. Like I mentioned though in other posts it won't be convenient because you would have to let us tune your ecu's and you wouldn't be able to do it yourself. Well not right now at least. Dim Sports hasn't made the hardware to retail it out to people on the streets yet. You we need big bucks to get the hardware as is or a tuner that is authorized by Dim Sports.
Old 09-24-2008, 04:18 PM

Looking really good mate ... just love that paint job fing02.gif
Old 09-24-2008, 11:59 PM

Thanks guys.

I put the oil filter there for easy access and it will run cooler. Yes I have an oil cooler too.