Vehicle Showroom This forum is for you to post up images of your car, if you do not want to use the Gallery. You can upload directly from your posts or use Imageshack to host files.

Patreezy: Got A New Car/project

Old 05-29-2011, 06:02 PM
DTN

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

Sorry to hear you had to sell the car. I hate douchebags like the Guy who bought it.
Old 05-30-2011, 06:03 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX

Sorry to hear that Pat! You are one of the members that I truly have missed. I was really happy to hear that you had bought the blue RD1. Times change, we change, priorities change, cars change... It's good that you are moving on. Say Hi very soon, I will be still here for some time to embrace our coinciding passion.
Old 05-30-2011, 08:05 PM

Vehicle: N/A as in Not Applicable, not Naturally Aspirated

Thanks HyundaiKitCoupe, my sabbatical probably won't last long, I already have the itch to pull the trigger on a few other "project vehicles" out there, don't know what I'll do for the time being.
Old 05-31-2011, 08:17 AM
Super Moderator

Vehicle: 2001 hyundai tiburon

like that last pic you posted of the car! twas a fun drive. I sure wish I could pick up the car, after seeing it in person, would make such a fun project..
Old 05-31-2011, 10:21 AM

That was a FUN drive, thanks for the NM tour turbosocks!
Old 07-07-2011, 01:21 PM

Who here (or anyone you know) would be interested in this car for $4000-$4500 price range? Specs are still the same as in this for sale thread for the most part just more miles (~65k now). + leather interior, modified exhaust, upgraded brake lines, and some other minor upgrades/tweaks.

I have had an opportunity arise, just trying to keep it in the community! =)

PM me if you think you might be interested.
Old 12-11-2011, 03:47 PM

FYI, this car was sold (once again) and is still in Tucson, AZ. Not driven much by the new owner. He is a little more mechanically inclined than the previous buyer. Turbo is still running strong, I known Sean would be proud!
Old 12-12-2011, 08:53 PM

Vehicle: X3 Sprint, S-Coupe Turbo

I don't know how, but I'd missed this thread up until now.

You look like you had a lot of experiences while owning this car, mainly 'There is a HUGE difference in a modified car that is fast and fun on the street and a RACEcar that is fast and fun (and dependable) on the track.'

What car(s) do you have now dude?
Old 12-12-2011, 10:13 PM

I sold that car on a whim and have been without a vehicle since. Been sharing cars here and there with friends. It's frustrating not being a track rat anymore but money and time priorities have shifted for me. I got introduced to it by volunteering to work at the track with some friends from college. They taught us the flag signals, radio calls, and how not to get run over by a driver "on the limit." It turned into sort of a regular thing and the organization that runs the race events started to give us a day of free track time in our own vehicles for each day worked and from there we were hooked! Roadtrips across state lines to follow the racers and flag for their races just to get a free 20-40mins out on a new track. Buttonwillow, Willow Springs, Laguna Seca, Cal Speedway, Arroyo, Sandia Speedway, you name it! As membership increased the racing organization started to "employ" us as race control/scoring&timing/pit/enduros&special events/etc. Standing inside the tower at Phoenix International Raceway watching the cars fly around the banked portion of the infield track was probably the most fun I've ever had watching a race. The windows of the tower have these 1/4" gaps between them and when the cars come roaring past it makes the coolest whistling noise I've ever heard, like warp speed or something.. haha.

I strongly encourage giving this type of motorsport a shot to all driving enthusiasts. It is a welcome change of environment from the typical "street racer" "hot rod" scene found in most major metropolitan areas. If you're living your life 30-60seconds at a time @ the AutoX track I guarantee your jaw will drop after your first hard session on a real track. Nothing like pushing your car and yourself to the limits, hitting the rumble strips and then improving on it next lap. Breaking your car, fixing it in the paddock, and then going back out and breaking your fastest lap time is also very satisfying.

Before the turbo tib saw the track I routinely ran a 1973 bmw 2002 (R.I.P.) and a 1997 Hyundai Tiburon (see -->R.I.P. here)

Disclaimer: The type of behavior described above requires copious amounts of gasoline (or your choice of combustible fuel) and tire rubber.
Old 12-12-2011, 11:06 PM

Vehicle: X3 Sprint, S-Coupe Turbo

Track racing is really expensive man, I almost started racing myself, but then I bought a car.

What sort of advice could you give man? I've got a beta swapped, but otherwise stock, LC accent. I'm aware the brakes and tires are going to get dominated, but hey. I'll upgrade the areas that are lacking the most as I get the cash. Racing season doesn't start until January down here though.