Vehicle Showroom This forum is for you to post up images of your car, if you do not want to use the Gallery. You can upload directly from your posts or use Imageshack to host files.

My Recent Activity

Old 01-12-2006, 04:22 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: Turbocharged 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

Lol to answer the questions about the hood, i bought it second hand, but brand new. The guy who sold it to me had purchased a smashed RD and decided to just repair it with performance parts. After a year he decided it was going to be more work than he thought, and wanted to sell the car and what he had got for it. He offered me My hood and a full Veilside kit, also brand new, for 500 bucks. i told him idk about the kit but ill take the hood, he told me the least he would take for it was 250, and i haggled a lil more just to see how cheap i could get it, 225 did it :-D. I am thinking about going back and buying the kit to sell on here. Oh and there was no shipping, the picture of the hood propped over swift tib was me and her and my best friend driving it from where i go to school to where i live.

Yes that is a breather on my idle air actuator. And yes it does trigger a CEL, but i have no second o2 sensor installed either so for now itll stay on, inspection isnt till august, and i dont mind the cel, for now. Oh and the idle is fine, some times it might bob for a second but the 02 sensor tells the engine how much fuel to add, and it is smooth 99% of the time. The CEL says MAF sensor voltage too low for engine speed, which makes sense because the engine is running and the maf sensor is reading no air going through it, im going to connect it, but again, not now. the easiest thing to do is to connect the tube to the pipe inbetween the turbo and the MAF sensor, its a little longer of a tube, but you dont have to worry about boost leak.

Oh and the FMU isnt hooked up because at 5psi, i dont need it. When i raise the boost, the FMU will go back on and eventually will do a secondary set of injectors with my SMT-6, even considered maybe a couple extra in the IM, i know its not the best for even distrobution, but if i dont plan on going real real high itll work. When i go to the dyno maybe ill tell them to run it at 5 pounds to see what the beta does at low boost, cuz people are always asking, it feels like a good amount so in my Gtech in my head ill say 160-170whp trying not to blow any smoke

ok if i missed any Qs, my bad
Old 01-20-2006, 06:38 PM

Wow! Sounds good man. That surprises me that it runs fine with just a breather. I wonder if itll be ok like that for awhile? Also, your running ok at WOT with out anytype of fuel management other than stock. I dint think that it would be able to handle ANY boost without at least an FMU and larger fuel pump.

So you feel that your running ok without an FMU?
Old 01-20-2006, 09:13 PM

Vehicle: Turbocharged 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

Nah tib is fine to 6psi so i hear, i can confirm its ability to handle 5psi no problem. yah its doing great w.o the FMU. Ill hook it up when i raise the boost and after i put in my GSX pump. Ive been running with the breather since november, no problems, youll get a CEL; but thats it. I am going to hook that into the intake soon, but not until i get my 2nd 02 sensor back in. Just to get rid of the CEL.