Vehicle Showroom This forum is for you to post up images of your car, if you do not want to use the Gallery. You can upload directly from your posts or use Imageshack to host files.

Be Sure To Check Out The Rust And Dripping Fluids On My 6 Year Old Car!

Old 01-20-2006, 11:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This is on my 2000 Elantra.
Be sure to check out the rust and dripping fluids on my 6 year old car!!!!

Old 01-21-2006, 02:56 AM

rust? What rust? I live at the shore and I like older cars.. I can show you rust that can drop the driver's seat through the floor, holes you can poke your finger through in the fender, and suspension points that are no longer connected to the car.

Thankfully, none of the cars I currently own have any of those problems. Modern cars are virtually rust proof thanks to good quality steel, paint, and galvanizing.
Old 01-21-2006, 11:08 AM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

LOL, you think thats rust?

The Tib I bought now has a slight layer of rust on most of the undercarriage. Just take a grinder with a wire brush attachment and get it all off. I've been meaning to do it myself.
Old 01-21-2006, 12:15 PM

Did you like clean your glasspack heh? Just curious smile.gif Mine is really dirty, just wondering if you live somewhere w/ cleaner roads, or if you are meticilous in cleaning heh.
Old 01-21-2006, 01:06 PM

That's nothin' cbehage. Most of the bolts and nuts on the exterior of my car are so rusted that I have to cut them off for removal. Sometimes they just snap in two despite my best efforts, even after multiple PB Blaster soakings. Now I usually don't even bother, and just use a nut splitter.

I won't show my engine bay because it's shamefully rusty and I still haven't done anything about it. It's more than rust, it's major corrosion in a few areas. But underneath:

What the heck. Here's a peek at the cleanest area of my engine:

That whitish crap on all exposed aluminum and steel is impossible to remove even with a wire brush.
Old 01-22-2006, 11:23 AM

Lets see some pics mad and ham.

Lets make this a "show me your rust" Thread.

It is funny everyone took offense to my calling that rust, but after I looked at these pics on my PC, I noticed every bolt on my car in rusty.

No, I don't clean my glass pack. I guess I haven't really been driving it much this year. Maybe like 300 mile.
Old 01-22-2006, 12:44 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

Thats noth ing. Some of the bolts inside my car are even rusted, like those in the hatch. tongue.gif
Old 01-22-2006, 10:44 PM

Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX

that happens to every car. the reason yours would rust more than it should is because the exhaust & turbo will produce excessive heat into the exhaust piping totally heating up the wet undercarriage. it also depends on who drove it before you, where you live, what you had done with it...

also, i'd recommend getting your entire exhaust ceramic coated to reduce heat and eliminate rust. the rotors are rusted just like any car but that's not a problem and it won't be one for another 8 years.

thanks for showing us the crippled elantra! i recommend some high temp resist/glossy paint and paint the sh*t out of the engine and exhaust area.b you should also paint your calipers. that got rid of all my rust!