Vehicle Showroom This forum is for you to post up images of your car, if you do not want to use the Gallery. You can upload directly from your posts or use Imageshack to host files.

My Accident...

Old 10-01-2009, 08:01 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

just like optimoprime and blue bombers' front end damage.

i'll get more detailed pictures up when i can.

Any opinions? Ideas?
Old 10-01-2009, 08:43 PM
Administrator

Vehicle: ǝdnoɔ sısǝuǝƃ

I've spent time in a few junk yards pulling Tib parts... I've yet to find one that didn't have front-end damage. The owner of one junk yard told me, "I don't think hyundai make good brakes. Always have damage on front"

eh... a bumper, radiator, hood, corner lights, headlights, maybe two fans... $3,500 with paint and labor? Get an aftermarket CF hood and save money on paint, get a custom front bumper and it'll be about the same price. Clear corners and a Koyo radiator with FAL fans. fing02.gif there is an upside to this
Old 10-01-2009, 09:02 PM

actually both corners are good, the passenger is in my backseat. the driver side headlight is good, the passenger one's plastic is completely wrecked but not the plastic/glass. the only sad thing is being in college and only having a basic job, i'm not really a high roller. i plan on doing most of the labor myself, other than welding. my uncle's best friend who lives in my neighborhood welds and i'm gonna ask him to check on it. as for painting, i can do whatever's cheapest at this point. i need it to get from a to b.

as for hood and bumpers, any suggestions? i've been looking and haven't found many sites i trust. oh and i really like your bumper, its the invader right?
Old 10-01-2009, 09:07 PM

Vehicle: 2012 mitsubishi eclipse spyder gs, 2001 hyundai tiburon

Actually majik has a veilside. The vader/invader is just a cheap knock off.
Old 10-01-2009, 10:55 PM

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Vehicle: 1999 Hyundai Tiburon

Damn, that sucks man! Hope you get her fixed quick and back on the road. smile.gif
Old 10-01-2009, 11:22 PM

pulled the front bumper off earlier, the drivers headlight is perfect... figure that one out. the a/c receiver (i think it is that is right down there) didn't fare too well though. both fenders are good, lower rad support is probably the worst damage. (other than front bumper) really am shocked how well this held up from the conditions. my last car, an 02 rio had a light encounter with a guard rail and was totaled.

found this: too good to be true?
Old 10-02-2009, 07:28 AM

Vehicle: 2011 Tuscon

id look at this "guarentee" they're offering for 5 years.

I got my Invader cf hood off ebay and it started fading around 3-4years and started to develop air bubbles inbetween the cf and clear coat. I'd still get it though. In fact you should really think about that one cause i might get it from under you smile.gif

I'd never get the invader hood again
Old 10-02-2009, 09:40 AM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

That sucks about the car man. I've got a stock hood, it's black but you could always paint it I guess, if you're interested in it shoot me a pm.
Old 10-02-2009, 01:41 PM
Super Moderator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2000 Elantra

It's not the brakes that were bad, it's the nut behind the steering wheel wink1.gif
Old 10-02-2009, 05:28 PM

^^^ stocker wins a cookie!!! it really is shameful and embarrassing how it happened. driving through the automall behind my house, pulled into the dodge dealership to browse used cars, and wudda know? hey pole! my name is front bumper, lets kiss.