Vehicle Showroom This forum is for you to post up images of your car, if you do not want to use the Gallery. You can upload directly from your posts or use Imageshack to host files.

More Personal Touches

Old 10-22-2007, 09:00 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

yup made the shorty cool.gif .You need a lathe,it would be a real tough DIY for most people.The threaded hole in the antenna base is a m7x1 thread
(custom)size.I'm a tool maker so I have some toys to play with.As for selling......no way!You have a source for the shorty that is going just fine.Larrs
Old 10-23-2007, 01:04 AM
Banned

i could probably get some shorty antennas made/ make them. and they would be higher quality than those fubbared ones, but its not worth it. everyone always wants stuff next to free.
Old 10-23-2007, 01:38 AM

Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX

did you paint your center din? looks good man.

i'm sure ebay had shorty antennas. i'm going to get my wrc.com antenna even though i don't need it at all. just for the looks. the motor antennas are really nice!
Old 10-23-2007, 10:46 AM
DTN

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Larrs @ Oct 22 2007, 11:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>yup made the shorty cool.gif .You need a lathe,it would be a real tough DIY for most people.The threaded hole in the antenna base is a m7x1 thread
(custom)size.I'm a tool maker so I have some toys to play with.As for selling......no way!You have a source for the shorty that is going just fine.Larrs</div>

Laars, dude, the guy who makes them completely disregarded wave theory. Antennas should be made to certain lengths to obtain signals properly. If you could make speciffic lengths for the antennas, you could blow away the competition.

I'd pay you $35 for a properly made antenna.
Old 10-23-2007, 06:28 PM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

I believe that's 16" for fm radio waves.In the city my little 4"works great.But like I said before,I lose it about 10 miles outside the city.Thanks for the offer but I'm to late to get in the antenna making business.Yup,$35 would of done it.....lol.Larrs

"did you paint your center din? looks good man".HKC,I'm not sure what you mean? I've painted,spark plug cover,sunroof trim,and shorty antenna.Larrs
Old 10-23-2007, 07:40 PM
DTN

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

^^ between 375mm or any division of 2, 187mm, 92mm, would make for good reception... Not needing anything big, but at least tuned for FM transmission and looking good.

I just wouldn't buy the other guy's antennas because they're not antennas at all. They're a piece of rod with a covering. They're a novelty item. Not an antenna.