Vehicle Showroom This forum is for you to post up images of your car, if you do not want to use the Gallery. You can upload directly from your posts or use Imageshack to host files.

Kustomizedtiburon's Update

Old 10-23-2007, 07:40 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

As of now, the exterior has had the back bumper body worked to fit better, new mounting points so no spider cracks, the fender body worked, just a bunch of little things alot of people don't notice but me done.

After the car is repainted, behind my tail lights on the back bumper where theres a distinct body line below the tails, i'm laying real C/F over it.

The interior is all apart except for the majority part of the dash, not sure why I'm waiting to take that out yet.
I've got all of my speakers and subs out, need to take door panels out still.

I'm going to mold my FG enclosure around the interior piece where the hatch latches, so that will no longer exist.
And I've got an x-box to go into the car I'll probably put it my enclosure where the KK's are now, or I may build a frame to go right above my enclosure with a TV on each side and a 10-12" drop down TV on the piece that lifts up with the hatch(no more TV's until motor is done though)

The rest of the interior is getting re-bodyworked and repainted the new color

Got my new color picked out- Started out 08 Viper snakeskin green pearl, and me and the madscientist modified it in about 7 different aspects, took out alot of the yellow, added more metallic and darkened it up a bit.

and the best for last- The motor before next year

1.8l cam
NGK wires (just bought both today off a member)
Used Alpine turbo kit off of member on here with unichip
Either ceramic coat or jet hot manifold, and all piping
RRFPR

What I'd LIKE to do (lower priority):
New Rims
New Seats
FG Whole backseat
Mold in TV pods and FG speakers in door panels
C/F Sunroof that I never got around to.
7 Color LED underbodies.

Feedback please.

edit: correcting some mistakes
Old 10-23-2007, 07:47 PM

Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX

wow wow wow that's too much for me to comprehend. i thought you were all done with your interior? and i'm making a huge deal out of my fiberglassed din, you're re-making the whole car. as i've said before, i LOVE the color of the outside, so i'm anxious to find out what you've come up with for the interior.

finally you're getting around to the engine, but you know i have to warn you if you're going to do anything to the engine you have to do one thing at a time. even a small turbo such as the alpine can give you trouble. every turbo you get you're asking for trouble. you should do it one by one. do the turbo first so you get that out of the way...

i don't know, it's all up to you and your schedule. but i thought your car was done!
Old 10-23-2007, 07:53 PM
DTN

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

I don't understand you man... I think you should have bought a new tiburon and started with that rather then take apart your masterpiece and start over inside. I really liked the way your car looked before. It's a shame for you to disassemble it and start over. You should start a new project if you're going to do something like this in the future.

I really liked the way you used to have it setup.
Old 10-23-2007, 07:53 PM

Man I wish I could do that, I'm working on the body shops schedule for the outside so when it gets done I'm just going to leave the front off so I can cut it up and make room for the IC very carefully.

I'm aware of turbo problems, I'm hoping for the best but prepared for the rest smile.gif, I know it will be a big headache, but then my car would be decently rounded with performance, I'm not planning on running high boost of course... I didn't build this car to race. but I still expect many problems.

I was done with my interior untill I went to an assload of car shows and saw a ton of little flaws I want to fix.

Oh yeah I also left off the Turbonetics raptor BOV (I've got some more reading up to do but I think it will work on this setup)

EDIT: DTN, you'll like the new color, no blue spots lol and I think it will look alot nicer, the interior is going to be the same, just some work on the enclosure, I didnt like the rearseat thing, that was just temporary from the start, the TV door pods look cheap so I want to mold them in.
Old 10-23-2007, 08:12 PM
DTN

OK, as long as you're keeping most of what you've done. It sounded like you were going to redo everything. I got scared.

A person once told me "when you hear that you have a nice car, you should listen to it". No one is going to tell a person with a stock Tiburon, "damn, you got a nice car" unless it's a 2007. Seriously. Your car is very nice. You've reached the altitude in modification that few can attain. The point where if you make a modification, few people are going to notice, and to those who have never seen your car it will still be in the "sweet ride" catagory regardless of what you do now.

That person went on to tell me that's the stopping point of modification.... I didn't listen. I still need something to do in my spare time.
Old 10-23-2007, 08:15 PM

Thanks man, I hope to up the level that the car is on by slowly elminating the flaws.

I may go with some nice 17's for rims as I'm going for a little bit more of a performance aspect.

Honestly I'd love to get sponsored with air ride but I doubt that will happen =(

I wouldn't mind doing this car over 100 times, this car has taught me everything and I'm continuing to learn, I know I can never get out of it what I have into it but I can take my new skills and put it to work on another car.
Old 10-23-2007, 08:24 PM

Kustomized, i saw your car at nopi. i would hope you get the gaps in the skirts to the door sills fixed, that back crack fixed etc. etc. just b4 u do anything else. i guess im ocd because the little chips and scratches on the back speaker box annoyed me a bit, and the AEM sticker..... dude, thats htings gotta come off. its like.... hanging on there just barley. and last.... the inside edges of your green cf mirrors.... but i gotta respect the work you've done. im thinking of attempting to FG my lip kit when its ordered.

ok now the good part. yeah your car was pretty sweet for a show car and all. you where getting ALOT of people taking pics of your car. I tried to find you but none of the "holy rollers" knew you or where you where really.

the apline kit... no really reason to get the mani coated at all, they supply a "alpine developments" heat shield anyways. the 1.8 could mess witht he idle a bit with the turbo i would assume... anyone confirm this? and umm, what kinda seats?
Old 10-23-2007, 08:28 PM
DTN

Just out of curiosity, this is your 3rd paint job? How the heck do you fund all of this mang?

J3, coulda asked me where he was.
Old 10-23-2007, 09:23 PM

j3 between the door and the skits is definitley not getting done, every person I know that molds that it breaks on them plus if I need to service my lambo's then I'd have to break it any ways, I may try to tightend it up some after I'm done adjusting everything but its sureee not getting molded...

My mirror edges are rough because I need them back on the car then, but like I said before, inside and outside is getting redone- those are getting wetsanded and recleared while the rest of the car is in paint

Definitley not using their heatshield, I'd rather have it coated hence why I said I'm having it coated lol

I said in the first post the back bumper was fixed lol

I have no AEM stickers? If youre talking about the metal badge on the intake, it aint going no where I tried to take it off to paint and that shit wouldnt budge but I have no AEM 'stickers'.

Like I said about the enclosure its getting redone obviously if I'm molding stuff into it

No one knew where I was because 99% of the time I was walking around unless I was talking to DTN.

And black on black leather recaro's with their 4pt's fing02.gif

Good luck molding in a lip kit you hit one thing and its not going to be molded any more especially the front lol I have alot of experience with all different sorts of moldings, the only ones i've never seen crack are my sideskirts in the rear.

DTN This is the 4th if you count the black when I painted the kit. This upcoming paint job is free because the guy f***ed up the last one, I wish I would have painted it again. Thats why I do all of my work myself.

I fund it by busting my ass at my office after school, and now (even though I'm not making too much as I'm just getting started) selling vinyls. In the summer I work 40 Hours a week and do 5 grass jobs on top of that. But During school I only work like 55 Hours every 2 weeks, and I still have my OTHER car payment and insurance payments soo I'm still shortfunded. I really don't make good money, just bust my ass and make sacrifices for shit
I want.

EDIT: Regarding the cam, this is off of another topic. "nope, the 1.8l cam opens the valves for a longer period of time so it is better for both NA and Turbo.
I have also heard that some cams are better for turbo and some for NA but the 1.8l cam has been proven better for both. "
Old 10-24-2007, 12:44 AM
Banned

why not just get a real turbo manifold or use the heatshield instead of the ugly, very inefficient manifold they make?

ill never understand these 'show' guys fetish with having a bunch of useless tvs everywhere in the car.. i guess to each is own..