Vehicle Showroom This forum is for you to post up images of your car, if you do not want to use the Gallery. You can upload directly from your posts or use Imageshack to host files.

I Finally Named Her (almost 2 Years After I Bought Her)

Old 03-08-2006, 03:26 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Like most of us I have always referred to my ride as "the tib" or "tibby" or something along that line, i could never settle on a name because i couldnt come up with something fitting that was.... elemental, a girls name just didnt do it for me, for the car i mean, girls are just fine with me. When i got on the forums and found that everybody refers to there car as "the tib" I realized i needed something. I was watching a movie and I heard something that really stuck with me from the bible, i dont know the exact quote but its from the book of revelations and talks about a pale horse and a pale rider, the name of the horse is Pestilence and the name of the rider is death, now this is the kind of image I was looking for and I think Pestilence has kind of a girly sound to it, I think she will get a small ghosted decal and maybe a small embroidery with the name. The horseman of the apocolypse is the kind of effect I want to have on people when i drive down the road, she isnt a showcar but i think she can still have an effect..... atleast on hondas.
Old 03-08-2006, 03:32 PM

Vehicle: 97 Tiburon

dude... there's a UFO in your picture. while looking at it, to the right of that building...

creeeeeepy
Old 03-08-2006, 03:33 PM

Vehicle: 1997 Tiburon

The photo was scanned that's why LOL
Old 03-08-2006, 03:44 PM
DTN

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

<div align='left'>I dunno... pestilance brings images of rotting and decaying to me. That's not the kind of image i'd want for my car.

pes·ti·lence
(pst-lns)
n. </div>
  1. A usually fatal epidemic disease, especially bubonic plague.
  2. <div align='left'>An epidemic of such a disease.</div>
Old 03-08-2006, 03:48 PM

Vehicle: N/A as in Not Applicable, not Naturally Aspirated

lmao.gif haha.gif rofl.gif

plus, pestilence rythmes with flatulence...

waaaay too fuggin deep for me. doode, it's a car.
Old 03-08-2006, 03:49 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 01 Tiburon Turbo, 99 Tiburon F2E, 2013 Avalon XLE Touring

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>pes·ti·lence (pst-lns)
n.
A usually fatal epidemic disease, especially bubonic plague.
An epidemic of such a disease.</div>

^^^^ lmao.gif
Old 03-08-2006, 04:23 PM

Vehicle: 2000 Hyundai Tiburon

Looks like penis and testicle combined, lol
Old 03-08-2006, 04:35 PM

There are Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse, and 4 different colored horses.

White Horse
Red Horse
Black Horse
Pale (green) Horse

The word used to describe the color of the 'pale' horse is the Greek word chloros or green. It is meant to convey the sickly green tinge of the deathly ill or recently dead. Since the literal translation 'green' does not carry these connotations in English the word is rendered 'pale' in most English translations. Which still doesn't convey the proper connotation.

None of the horses are named. Only ONE of the horsemen are named, and even that is not 100%. The "names" of the horsemen and their horses are all "interpretation" of the verses below. Some still feel that the 4th horseman is not named "Death", but is simply a manifestation of death (notice the lack of capitalization), others feel he is named "Death". Irregardless, none of the horses have names. Only colors.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>And I saw when the Lamb opened one of the seals, and I heard, as it were the noise of thunder, one of the four beasts saying, Come and see.
And I saw, and behold a white horse: and he that sat on him had a bow; and a crown was given unto him: and he went forth conquering, and to conquer.
And when he had opened the second seal, I heard the second beast say, Come and see.
And there went out another horse that was red: and power was given to him that sat thereon to take peace from the earth, and that they should kill one another: and there was given unto him a great sword.
And when he had opened the third seal, I heard the third beast say, Come and see. And I beheld, and lo a black horse; and he that sat on him had a pair of balances in his hand.
And I heard a voice in the midst of the four beasts say, A measure of wheat for a penny, and three measures of barley for a penny; and see thou hurt not the oil and the wine.
And when he had opened the fourth seal, I heard the voice of the fourth beast say, Come and see.
And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him. And power was given unto them over the fourth part of the earth, to kill with sword, and with hunger, and with death, and with the beasts of the earth.</div>

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Four_Hors..._the_Apocalypse
Old 03-08-2006, 04:40 PM

in spanish there is ¨Pestilencia¨, which refers to a very bad odor, if something stinks like hell lmao.gif

I think you should consider not to use that name, bat that´s just my humble opinion
Old 03-08-2006, 04:45 PM

Vehicle: 1997 Tiburon

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (MK3Design @ Mar 8 2006, 11:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Looks like penis and testicle combined, lol</div>

LOL, I think that's the funiest line I've heard all day.