Vehicle Showroom This forum is for you to post up images of your car, if you do not want to use the Gallery. You can upload directly from your posts or use Imageshack to host files.

I Finally Named Her (almost 2 Years After I Bought Her)

Old 03-09-2006, 10:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2005 Tibby

Dude, come on, the difference between a manual and an automatic is that one is slow and the other is slower. Have you ever driven a car that's actually fast? Obviously not, or you wouldn't think the tibs were "fast". Bottom line, these are 2L 4Cyl cars (with exception to the new V6) that are fairly heavy- these are nice looking but not fast for the most part. Now there are people who have done enough to their cars to make them as fast as let's see umm a 3rd gen RX-7 is from the factory. Have you even paid attention to any cars made in the past few years? Even soccer SUV's and Camry-type cars will destroy a stock Tiburon much less an actual fast car. BTW, what kind of Hondas are you "racing" or are you one of those people who races a car at a redlight even though the other "racer" has no idea there's a race going on? No offense, but who races a N/A car anyway. That's like being the fastest of the fat people, or better yet, winning the special olympics. Sad.
Old 03-09-2006, 10:28 PM

Vehicle: 1997 Hyundai Fx Coupe

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (TibbyGirl @ Mar 10 2006, 04:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>No offense, but who races a N/A car anyway. That's like being the fastest of the fat people, or better yet, winning the special olympics. Sad.</div>
No need to bag on overweight people or people with mental or physical disabilities. I take offense to that... on all three counts.
Old 03-09-2006, 10:30 PM

tibbygirl = homo lmao.gif
Old 03-09-2006, 10:33 PM

Sorry not to be PC, but that was the best analogy I could think of. It was to get a point across not to make fun of anyone with a disability. And BTW, if you had seen me, I'm one of the "fat" people, so I'm allowed to say fat, get over it.
Old 03-09-2006, 10:57 PM

Vehicle: 2015 Subaru WRX

Theres a whole hell of a lot of "off-topicness" going on now! Geebus Christus!! and it's getting out of hand...

This is supposed to be about the naming of his car... not the "who you think is faster than who" game. Pissin' contests are great and all... if you are an imbecile! This is not the place for that!!

Tibbygirl, all of that was totally uncalled for... we have rules against those sort of things. drillsergeant.gif
Old 03-09-2006, 11:08 PM

So there are rules about talking about how fast Tiburons aren't and replying when someone basically acts like I'm a "stupid girl," while the guy has no basis for reality about the actual performance of these vehicles or any others. Come on, this is not NT. I was replying to the topic about naming the guy's car, it's not my fault that someone started crap- what, was I supposed to just be a nice little girl and not say anything back? Not gonna happen.
Old 03-09-2006, 11:18 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

^Why are you even on this forum if you just bash on tibs like that? Seriously.

A stock tib would destroy a stock civic in most cases

And whats this about being slow even with a turbo? lol what the heck have you been fed? I know some people rag that the tibs cant be made fast n/a but NOBODY questions what a boosted beta can do. As fast as a stock rx-7? you wouldnt need much boost to do that, dont rag unless u know what your talking about.

Sorry about the OTness, but ignorance infuriates me.
Old 03-09-2006, 11:39 PM

Vehicle: 97 Tib

tibbygirl, since you're talking about mazdas...
a stock 2004 six-speed RX8 runs a 14.5 in the 1/4

LOL, odessitpashka spent $200 on EBAY quality i/h/e and ran a 15.1

And what did viper's run again? Anyway, it would crush it. Especially now that he's adding a bigger turbo, intercooler, and the airram. fing02.gif

Oh and just wait until JonGTR's beast is done.. owned.gif

I've driven my friends 91 civic hatch which has a B18 swapped into it, fast, sure, but my tib (now that I've pretty much maxed it out for bolt-ons) can keep up. And my dad used to own an RX7, they're good cars, a bit pricey, the ones you're talking about are only 2 seaters and are actually "sports cars" whereas a tib is a passenger coupe. Plus rotary engines get shitty gas mileage.

The tib weighs a lot? LOL are you kidding me? Compared to your 2-seater S2k or Rx7, sure the tib weighs a lot, compared to your average car, hell no.

And did I ever say that these cars were fast stock? No. Generally, only higher end cars are fast when they're stock (BMWs, Mercedes, any sports car, etc), hence why this forum is dedicated to modding our cars. That means, that the average car. I guess to you the average car is an rx7, but realistically that's not very "average", to most people it would be a civic. Honda makes a good car, 2 door and 4 door coupes, both of which the tib can beat when it's stock. Hell, there's that video of the STOCK tib (gutted) running 1/2 car length slower than a brand new Acura RSX.

The fact that you've only posted 50 times shows your ignorance, you're very uninformed on tiburon tuning. Go read a book or something.
Old 03-10-2006, 12:13 AM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>odessitpashka spent $200 on EBAY quality i/h/e and ran a 15.1...I've driven my friends 91 civic hatch which has a B18 swapped into it, fast, sure, but my tib (now that I've pretty much maxed it out for bolt-ons) can keep up... I guess to you the average car is an rx7, but realistically that's not very "average", to most people it would be a civic.The fact that you've only posted 50 times shows your ignorance, you're very uninformed on tiburon tuning.</div>

Apparently you don't get what I am saying. If you look at ANY road test summary from ANY of the major car magazines in the last few years, there are possibly no cars on the whole page slower than 4 cylinder Tiburon. However, I like my Tiburon, which is why I am on this forum. I am not ragging on my car or Tiburons in general just because I am stating fact. Just because I have one doesn't mean I loose reality - and think nothing is faster or better, etc.
Sure, you can build any car to be faster, so on those lines, cars that are faster in the first place will still likely be faster if equally built...and some guy with user name X with a zillion horesepower, etc...whatever - that smacks of "internet racing" and is silly. 95% of all Tirurons on the road are stock, and will probably always be so. These are the cars I was referring to.
Bt the way, I could care less about any Civic, which you feel a need to mention often, but for reference, it has a better 0-60 via any legit road test, but those are slow too. Once again, it is a race to see which car is the slower vehicle, not the quickest. Talking about racing other slowish cars on the road...how old are you? Did you watch that movie too many times?
Pretty much every other sporty car currently on the market today has nearly 200 hp now, and vitually any larger vehicle is in the 300hp range. A stock Tib at 26XX lbs. and 140 (quoted) hp, well need I say more? You insulted me because I have an automatic? Sure, I loose .5 seconds to a slow 8.nothing 0-60 - and because I am a girl who doesn't have any dilusions of making a Viper out of a Tiburon, yet admire the car for what it is?
And an average car today? Almost every V6 family car made in the last 10 years will run 15's totally stock, so it seems pointless to buy a Tib for speed. If you did, you bought your car for the wrong reasons IMO.
Oh, by the way Einstein...I have 50 posts because, well, I am new to this forum. Maybe everyone is ignorant that has a low post count? That was sarcasm, by the way. Quantity does not equal quality.
Old 03-10-2006, 12:41 AM

Vehicle: 1997 Tiburon

I'm sorry for posting this OT post. I merely didn't have any intention of replying and filling the thread with more OT garbage but this line made me change my mind and I couldn't resist for posting.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>Almost every V6 family car made in the last 10 years will run 15's totally stock, so it seems pointless to buy a Tib for speed. If you did, you bought your car for the wrong reasons IMO.</div>

First of all, yes, SOME v6 family cars might run in the 15's. Are you trying to say 15's fast? As zoned mentioned OP with $200 bucks ran a 15.1 and he probably payed 4000$ for the car. As say 16,000 for a V6 family car that get's 15s too. I don't understand what your trying to get at?

Second, YES people do buy tibs for speed because A. They relatively inexpensive ex. 4000$. B. With say an extra 6000$ you would be in the 13's even 12's depending on the setup and tunning. So in total 10, 000$ for a, we'll say high 12 sec car. Can you name me a car that runs 12's for 10 000 ?

How about a AWD 92 Talon. They run for around 3-4000$. Comes stock around 150whp. After some money put in it, you have a 7 second car. Here see for yourself. I wonder if he bought his car for speed?

Here, I'll give you a Tiburon example. Since your new to the forum you may not have heard of Madjon. He has 500+ whp built motor. I wonder if he also bought the car for speed?

What I'm trying to get at is YES, stock Tiburons are slow. Since you drive an AT, i'd go out and test drive a manual, you can atleast feel the 140hp with a manual instead of a AT. Invest in your Tib, and you'll have a 350whp beast for 1/5 of the price you'd pay for a 350whp stock car on the market now.

Again sorry for the OT, but I feel that tibbygirl has been reading to many 300C and magnum HEMI magazines smile.gif