Vehicle Showroom This forum is for you to post up images of your car, if you do not want to use the Gallery. You can upload directly from your posts or use Imageshack to host files.

Finally Satisfied W.a Color

Old 08-28-2005, 10:37 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

well I had the blue on the drivers side door,the dash and the center console.I wanted to keep it going and putting SOME blue in the passenger side panel.I didnt wanna end it abruptly.I used to have it COMPLETELY opposite and it looked dumb.Im leaving the fogs in there..or maybe setting them back a little because the headlights suck(no not from overspray) and the fogs REALLY make a difference.
Old 08-28-2005, 10:38 PM

Vehicle: 97 Tib

buy an HID kit, those things are too ugly.
But yes the headlights to suck, so I suppose if it's temporary it's ok
Old 08-28-2005, 11:17 PM

Dude, interior looks a million times better. Great job man.
Old 08-29-2005, 06:38 AM

The interior looks A LOT better. It's a lot calmer on the eyes. Still need to work on the exterior, but you already knew that. The paint doesn't have much of a shine to it. It's more like a shimmer... or a glow. It's dull. Clear-coating, as mentioned before, would probably do you best until you get a real paintjob.
Old 08-29-2005, 10:56 AM

what would the clear coat do besides simply protect it? could I get some sort of shine out of it???
Old 08-29-2005, 11:31 AM

Vehicle: 97 Tib

clear coat IS the 'shine' man.

but clear coating the outside is just a waste of time and money for you, you're getting it profesionally done soon anyway. I would ask the guy that's doing it to throw like 5 extra coats of clear on your exterior for more shine laugh.gif.

But I think you should clear coat the inside pieces probably just to protect them, but not too many coats because you don't want a glare on your entire interior.
Old 08-29-2005, 12:20 PM

so all Id have to do for the time being is put a clear coat on the outside and it should shine? or would I have to buff it??
Old 08-29-2005, 02:45 PM

k guys.Dont punch in the face for double-posting.I think you erased the "edit" button or something cus its NOT there.anyway though.I went and bought 3 cans of the clear coat for the paint I used.I used one can do just do a misting over the whole car.Then the other 2 cans I layed coats over the left front fender and the drivers side door.HOLY SH*T!! it made a huge difference.Instead of seeing shadows I actually see myself.I can read the lettering on the can in the reflection.I cant wait until I get the rest of the cans tomorrow and see what it looks like.Im guessing the more coats the shinier??
Old 08-29-2005, 02:47 PM

You've come a long way man

It looks MUCH better!

I'm a little iffy about the exterior paintjob still but it's a vast improvement
Old 08-29-2005, 03:14 PM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

the colors are nice, now just work on paint quality. for instance, remove all overspray. tailights, exhaust, and yes, you still have some overspray left over on the interior.