Vehicle Showroom This forum is for you to post up images of your car, if you do not want to use the Gallery. You can upload directly from your posts or use Imageshack to host files.

Family Gathering

Old 10-27-2008, 04:52 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

So today after i washed my car i decided i would take a ride up to my cousins house to see how he was doin, and if hes done anything with his tib.

I helped him change his carbon fiber hood back to stock for the winter, and snapped some pics.

Before

During

After

I also took some pictures of my new speaker box and his kick a** sound system

His system = $2000, 1 15" sub with a whole bunch of other stuff to make it loud as hell and its all professionally done

Mine = not $2000, 2 12' subs with a custom speaker box me and my dad put together which isnt completely done, not nearly as loud as my cousins/

And heres some other randoms

yes... i do know my car has rust that sticks out like a sore thumb, but i plan on getting it fixed asap, but please leave your constructive criticism
Old 10-27-2008, 05:07 PM

Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX

^ pour some deruster on there. it's like $5 and it'll eat all that up. then you would have to sand it down and repaint it. it's a days job then buffing. i know how you feel i've got a little spot on my sunroof but i poured some industrial adhesive over the whole thing to seal it and it hasn't spread since so i'm leaving it until i get my new paint job.

anyone who says new tiburons aren't more massive than ours are wrong. it's wider, larger, stronger, and everything that was small once is big. i know because they sent me springs and they're a few centimeters larger and thicker. my best friend also has a GK. the quality is great, and it's what i dreamt our cars could be like. if ours were as wide as GK's, that would rock. It's a great car built by a great company with good quality, but the only problem is the GK styling is boring and looks like any other car out there...

i like his hood, but it's a good idea to put it to stock. i think it looks better with matching paint anyways. Your car looks good but I would put the tails back to stock and tint them. then buy a bunch of bondo and mold a sick lip for the front.

Old 10-27-2008, 05:23 PM

yea i agree, i love his car... hes spoiled though, got it when he is 15 bran new, and hes 17 now.... but the rust is way to bad to fix it with the pour on stuff, like today i literally pulled off some of the sheet metal from being so rusted, but tib_500 sent me some rear quarters, i have a nice fender, and 2 nice doors i got from a junk yard about a year ago, me and my dad are just waiting till i have some time, and some money to finish the job. But i was actually thinking on my way home on doing some kind of custom tint job on my stock tails, even though i like the ones i have now. And for molding the front lip, idk bout that, i may just save up for a while and buy the cuda 2 body kit. http://www.importshark.com/allperformance/...de7b97a35ac0a72 but idk if getting a body kit where i live is even worth it, because i bottom out enough already. But thank you for your input.
Old 10-27-2008, 08:24 PM

Vehicle: 2000 Hyundai Tiburon

Just try and tint the aftermarket tails and see what they look like.

How are those Kenwoods working for you? I had the same model but they were 10s and I loved them.
Old 10-27-2008, 08:29 PM

They are really nice, kinda old bought them off my sister's boyfriend but they are really nice. I was thinkin bout totally tinting my aftermarket tails thought. I just gotta find the time and motivation to buy the right tint/clear coat to do it haha.
Old 10-28-2008, 06:33 AM

Vehicle: 2001 Tiburon

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (hyunshark21 @ Oct 27 2008, 07:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>but the rust is way to bad to fix it with the pour on stuff, like today i literally pulled off some of the sheet metal from being so rusted, but tib_500 sent me some rear quarters, i have a nice fender, and 2 nice doors i got from a junk yard about a year ago, me and my dad are just waiting till i have some time, and some money to finish the job.</div>

Have you checked where your mud flaps are? If the surface is looking like that then the areas that are hidden may be a whole lot worse. i would def take the side skirts off the car (3m tape will help get them back on) along with the mudflaps and front fender's to see if you have rust behind there as well. One thing i have learned about rust, when you start seeing it, there is always hidden treasures.
Old 10-28-2008, 09:03 AM

oh trust me i know about hidden treasures, pretty much everything under my car is a hidden treasure, but im hopefully going to start this saturday with getting my fenders and doors started and getting the prepped for paint.
Old 10-28-2008, 09:10 AM

Vehicle: 2001 Tiburon

Good luck getting the fenders off, there are 2 bolts on the underside of the car, i just hope you can get them off and they are not rust welded on. Im curious about what the underside of your sideskirts look like now. Good Luck!
Old 10-28-2008, 09:20 AM

well i do plan on taking pictures of the whole process