Vehicle Showroom This forum is for you to post up images of your car, if you do not want to use the Gallery. You can upload directly from your posts or use Imageshack to host files.

2000 Edmonton Track Tib :-)

Old 04-09-2010, 12:12 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well here it is, we have been donated a 2000 tiburon from DJ auto, after a little engine fire it was deamed useless for resale and we are now working on restoring and racing it.

Car was originally blue and has been painted black.
interior has been stripped and work has began.

This car is owned by Myself, Jdogg(Deegatron) and Classic 99 (all members of another Tib site as well)
Here she is being delivered.

and then the fun begins,

after some nice weight reductions we are left with this:

excuse the puppy, he thought it was his car too.

haveing some issues getting her to start but with a few more days we should have it running real nice. also going to be posting all the interior peices we don't need up for sale to fund the build.

We are hoping to get to 400-450 HP, I will continue to post as we go.
let the fun begin!

save space

saved space
Old 04-09-2010, 12:23 PM

Im Jdogg, someone here already had my screen name... or the other way around... either way....
I thought brad was messing with me when he said their was a free 2000 tiburon.... then i thought it was total bs when he said it was ours... and came with aftermarket rims.... then we got there and saw the car.
complete header intake and exhaust....
W're currently having the following issues.
Fuel pump - the relay doesnt seem to be getting the signal from the ecu...
starter - she turns over... but just barely.. sometimes the starter will stall out all together....it's not pretty....
gonna be a sick project.....
Old 04-09-2010, 12:28 PM

i edited your name so you can get credit for the work.
if it warms up a bit i'll run new 4 gauge for the starter and alternator and battery this weekend, make it all pretty like and new.
got some loom and wrap left to keep it clean. still trying to locate relays and such for the fuse box as well.

and with the Bill of Sale in our hands, let the modding begin!
Old 04-12-2010, 09:05 AM

HA HA!!!!
SHE'S ALIVE!!!!!!!
got our starter problem all fixed up....
apparently brad's jumper cables were the issue....
then she start's pouring smoke out of the engin compartment.....
alternator is seized solid.....
but, 1 alternator and 4 new tires and we should be on the road.....
Old 04-12-2010, 09:31 AM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

what class are you planning on racing in? might wanna check out the rulebook before you really get into the build. Don't wanna build a car only to find out you can't run it. Sounds like an excellent candidate for grassroots 2010 challenge in october. or maybe the 2011 challenge.

have fun!

edit: btw, what was up with that tow job? first day? I've never seen a vehicle strapped down like that, they typically hook on to your a-arms, or frame, not a ratchet strap around the tires! lol
Old 04-12-2010, 11:51 AM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Supercow @ Apr 12 2010, 09:31 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>what class are you planning on racing in? might wanna check out the rulebook before you really get into the build. Don't wanna build a car only to find out you can't run it. Sounds like an excellent candidate for grassroots 2010 challenge in october. or maybe the 2011 challenge.

have fun!

edit: btw, what was up with that tow job? first day? I've never seen a vehicle strapped down like that, they typically hook on to your a-arms, or frame, not a ratchet strap around the tires! lol</div>

We're building it for street legal night at the local strip, so basicly no rules no holds barred..... kinda run what ya brough kinda setup....
we'll be takin er to the strip to get some baseline info before we do any real mods and we'll prolly check out the class system while we're there....
and the tow guy was awsome... knew his stuff and she arrived in 1 pice with no issues so we cant really complain about that....our front passanger side tire had a hole the size of a quarter in the sidewall, so im guessing by strapping the tires instead of synching down the car he avoided damage to the rim.... but that's just a guess....
Old 04-12-2010, 12:57 PM

ya i'm with jon, i think he was trying to save our rim.
and did a hell of a job on it.
nice to have it up and running. no issues as of yet and not throwing any codes yet either :-p
Old 04-12-2010, 01:21 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Shift @ Apr 12 2010, 12:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>ya i'm with jon, i think he was trying to save our rim.
and did a hell of a job on it.
nice to have it up and running. no issues as of yet and not throwing any codes yet either :-p</div>

wasnt run long enough to throw any codes and we didnt check after it was run anyways.... it's hard to see the CEL light with the cluster out of the car.....
she'll throw codes.. that header install's pretty terrible.....
Old 04-12-2010, 01:39 PM

na man, i checked it last night after you left, was thinking might need to pick up a gasket too.
but no codes yet, your probably right that it wasn't run long enough. but so far so good :-p
Old 04-16-2010, 12:28 PM

Vehicle: 06 suby impreza outback sport

good luck on the build guys. hopefully u can turn her into a beast.