USA - Southeast USA - Southeast members here.

Attention! All Nopi Events For 2008 Cancelled!

Old 07-17-2008, 11:25 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well if you read the statement from Nopi again, they're clearly emphasizing the economy as the reason moreso than the weather. They only mention bad weather once. I'm just saying, a lot of people travel quite a distance to go to Nopi, and with gas prices being so much higher than they were even last year, it's not suprising at all that there's less of a turnout. And this might be fine and dandy out where you live but elsewhere it's not.

Old 07-17-2008, 12:02 PM

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Vehicle: 1999 Hyundai Tiburon

For trying to be a uniting force for the turner subculture, I think NOPI PR has just really dropped the ball. The cities that they plan their events in are large enough for the event to basically be taken care of by local clubs and enthusiasts not only by filling seats, but also financially.

For example, when NOPI Denver cancelled only 2 weeks out, one of the larger tuner clubs got together and put on their own event FUN (f*** U NOPI!!) and, other than not having the drifiting, the event attracted roughly 100 rides, large crowds, they rented Bandimere for 1 day for drag racing so the event still encompassed a weekend of activities. It was very cool, honestly about the same turnout as last years NOPI, and all this was organized by a bunch of 9-5er's texting each other during work!!

I am glad that NOPI is re-structuring. They obviously need to analyze there PR department along with there events planning and financial departments.

I suppose the only other side I would take is that of the actual professional teams invited to the NOPI events. I am sure some of them did not have the funds either due to the increased fuel and cost of living expenses to come to the events this year. This is what NOPI is known for and without these events, I could see why they would have wanted to cut the series. BUT, it doesn't mean it was the right thing to do.
Old 07-19-2008, 03:05 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

Wow this really sucks. I just got back and saw this. I loved nationals last year. Hopefully next year they are good to have it all again.
Old 07-19-2008, 03:33 PM

Vehicle: N/A as in Not Applicable, not Naturally Aspirated

bunch of fvckin losers.

The economy is fine, we are not in a recession (by definition), all you bishes whining about the economy scares everyone into hoarding money which LEADS to said recession.

when chuck norris goes swimming he doesn't get wet, the water gets chuck norris.

my .02
Old 07-19-2008, 03:38 PM

Vehicle: 2004 Volkswagen Jetta GLI

^^^

freaking chuck norris
Old 07-19-2008, 06:40 PM
Administrator

Vehicle: ǝdnoɔ sısǝuǝƃ

I'm sorry guys, you've all fell into NOPI's late April fools Joke. lmao.gif

<span style="font-size:12pt;line-height:100%">NOPI has NOT been cancelled! </span>

It's just been relocated and the date moved back one month.

The new location is <span style="font-size:12pt;line-height:100%">Albuquerque, NM</span> and the date is<span style="font-size:12pt;line-height:100%"> Oct. 3-5. </span>
You can read more about it at this thread: <span style="font-size:12pt;line-height:100%">http://www.rdtiburon.com/index.php?showtopic=26430</span>

The price is also MUCH MUCH cheaper than ever before!!! There's no reason for anyone NOT to attend.
No trophies will be given out, and the car show will be mostly Tiburons. Just show up, bring some beer, and have fun! cool.gif
Old 07-19-2008, 06:42 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

That may definately make it onto my calendar now.