USA - Southeast USA - Southeast members here.

Attention! All Nopi Events For 2008 Cancelled!

Old 07-16-2008, 08:46 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2000 Hyundai Tiburon

Seriously though....fill a glass with ICE to represent the Ice Caps....then fill the glass to the rim with water, which represents the oceans. As the ice melts, the glass doesn't overflow.....the water level stays almost the same.....other than condensation on the outside of the glass...the water stays in the glass....
Old 07-16-2008, 09:14 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

Right, but the Bush/Norris factor changes the laws of physics, causing any melting of ice to thereby double the viscosity and hence the quantity of the water.

LOL
Old 07-16-2008, 09:57 PM
Banned

^^^ he does have a point.. chuck norris alone changes physics dramatically.. who else can to a triple round house kick 12 feet in the air.
Old 07-16-2008, 10:17 PM

Vehicle: 2006 Pontiac GTO

True RIX, except that a LOT of the ice is not underwater (e.g. Greenland). The ice that is over the water level does not contribute to the total volume of water - until it melts..
Scientists say that if all the ice in Greenland were to melt, the oceans would rise 7m. I assure you that whoever makes these calculations knows the densities of water and ice.
Old 07-16-2008, 10:43 PM

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Vehicle: 1999 Hyundai Tiburon

Hyundaikitcoupe - I'm with you man! Totally agree. My sis is in advertising and deals with all the local papers on the front range here in Colorado on a daily basis, and all I can say is the idiots on MSNBC, Fox News, and CNN saying this is not as bad as everyone thinks it is, well folks, its more than likely worse.

To the point at hand, NOPI obviously has not been using our $50 entrance fee's to the best interest of their company. And the idea to completely shut down and piss off all your customers. Yeah, I think the chair members of NOPI are not only smokin somethin, they're snortin it, eatin it, and shootin it at the same time.

At least I have one event that'll still be on my calender. ABQ BBQ baby! Jer, know any fine local ladies there?!?! I'll donate some money to get us some RD thongs for them!!! Java can take care of the camera work!
Old 07-17-2008, 06:19 AM

Vehicle: 2004 Volkswagen Jetta GLI

freaking Chuck Norris
Old 07-17-2008, 08:09 AM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (tibbytib @ Jul 16 2008, 10:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Hyundaikitcoupe - I'm with you man! Totally agree. My sis is in advertising and deals with all the local papers on the front range here in Colorado on a daily basis, and all I can say is the idiots on MSNBC, Fox News, and CNN saying this is not as bad as everyone thinks it is, well folks, its more than likely worse.

To the point at hand, NOPI obviously has not been using our $50 entrance fee's to the best interest of their company. And the idea to completely shut down and piss off all your customers. Yeah, I think the chair members of NOPI are not only smokin somethin, they're snortin it, eatin it, and shootin it at the same time.

At least I have one event that'll still be on my calender. ABQ BBQ baby! Jer, know any fine local ladies there?!?! I'll donate some money to get us some RD thongs for them!!! Java can take care of the camera work!</div>

I sure do, I've got one I've been trying to set your ass up with for awhile mang.
Old 07-17-2008, 10:39 AM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

the ice in water thing only applies if the ice is floating freely in the water. If it's being supported by land or isn't 100% h20 it messes things up a bit.

Anyways I was just looking the other day at an article about Stradivarius violins and how the reason they were so awesome was because the wood came from particularly harsh climates during the little ice age. Take a look at that article.

It doesn't take a freaking genius to see the pattern. We are in the "global warming" period, previous was the little ice age, before that it was the Medieval Warm Period, before that it was the Dark Ages Cold Period. I'm pretty sure we were taught patterns in 1st grade.
Old 07-17-2008, 10:50 AM

But seriously, I do believe that climate change is occuring, pretty rapidly. But I don't believe global warming is to blame as to why Nopi was cancelled. More like the crappy state of the economy more than anything. I can only wonder what is going on behind the scenes there. I can imagine that turnout wasnt as good this year, but don't they still have a ton of sponsors to help pay the bills? Unless the sponsors are dropping out for the same reasons.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>Hyundaikitcoupe - I'm with you man! Totally agree. My sis is in advertising and deals with all the local papers on the front range here in Colorado on a daily basis, and all I can say is the idiots on MSNBC, Fox News, and CNN saying this is not as bad as everyone thinks it is, well folks, its more than likely worse.</div>

Yeah, it's pretty bad. I work in a real estate office and it was pretty dead when I started working here 7 months ago, but now the phone barely rings. The amount of forclosures and short sales continues to increase, especially here on Long Island where everyone likes to live beyond their means and buys things they can't afford just to keep up with everyone else.
Old 07-17-2008, 10:58 AM

Oh, of COURSE!

The ECONOMY is the reason there was shitty weather for the spring NOPI shows, NOT global warming!

How could I be so blind???

hail.gif nana.gif fing02.gif cool.gif lmao.gif drillsergeant.gif

Whatever. I love how the "economy" is so bad. I'm still living like I was a year ago, with some higher gas prices, that's it.

My joking point was, as NOPI SAID, weather caused low turnout at the spring show series. Changes in weather are usually instantly said to be because of global warming, I put 2 and 2 together and came up with Norris/Bush.

Geesh.