USA - Midwest/Central USA - Midwest members here.
View Poll Results: First Midwest Tib Meet
Motel (comfort and clubs)
66.67%
Camping
33.33%
Voters: 9. You may not vote on this poll

First Midwest Tib Meet

Old 03-21-2005, 09:04 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sorry man, I have been meaning to finalize this, I have just had a ton of s*** going on.

I will finalize the plans tomorrow and see what you guys think.

Em, if you see this, IM or call me.
Old 04-03-2005, 11:06 PM

hate too keep bringing this up but its getting closer........^...........
Old 04-03-2005, 11:25 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (nogo2.0 @ Apr 4 2005, 12:06 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'>hate too keep bringing this up but its getting closer........^...........
<div align='right'><{POST_SNAPBACK}></div></div>
ya, im out, way too unorganized, hey Em, come up and say hi to me sometime.
Old 04-07-2005, 04:55 PM

The fees cover the cost of insurance, safety crew, and track prep. On that day it is only $15 to test-n-tune for the car & driver. Adult spectators are $8 and kids 6-12 are $3. We will discount spectators. If the spectators come with your racers and I have a list in advance, I will let them in for $5 each and the kids 6-12 can be free.

If anyone wants, If you want to follow someone in your state that is going, IM me and I will send you a list of other people going from your state.

Ok, we're trying to get things finalized. The drag strip opens up at 11:30 on Saturday morning (the 23rd). Racing doesn't actually start until noon. I will try to be getting in town about 11:15 - 11:30. My cell number is 309-251-2625 if anyone needs directions or wondering where to meet at. They have a nice sized parking lot sitting on the main road in town so you will for sure see everyone. The cost to race is $15 - that covers insurance, safety crew, and track prep. PLEASE SEND ME YOUR NAME AND HOW MANY PEOPLE WILL BE ATTENDING TO WATCH OR RACE WITH YOU. That way I can get a discount on spectators. As or right now it is $8 for adults and $3 for kids 6-12 but if I send them a list it will be $5 for adults and free for kids. http://www.mapquest.com/maps/map.adp?latlo...t=Race%20Tracks sorry so big, that is the link to the dragstrip for directions.
Registration for autocross is from 9:00-10:15am. If, and only if, this is your first time ever, the entry fee is $10. The cost is $16 for SCCA members and $24 for non-members. A $5 late fee will be charged after 10:30am. We need to get everyone through tech/registration so that the workers will have time to get everyone entered into the computer. When arriving, consider the fact that it takes time to walk the course and you should walk the course at least three times. This means you have to be through registration and tech well before 10:30am. Please get to registration at 9:00am. A valid US drivers license and Snell M90 or SA90 or better helmet is required. For more information on that go to www.sccagrr.com

So thats it for the actually dragging and autocross. When I get the info on hotels and hanging out that night I will send another e-mail. In the meantime please send me a list with how many people are coming with you and who's racing and who's watching. If you also would like to caravan with people from your state e-mail me and ask for a list of people from your state and you can contact them. Any questions feel free to e-mail me back!

Emily Jacob
emyj86@yahoo.com
AIM: lilem4276
RDTIB.com and NT.com: emstib1
Old 04-18-2005, 07:35 AM

Guys, I just want to apoligize to everyone for starting this and not being able to follow through on everything. I have been through a lot lately. My car has been wrecked not once, but twice and I have been doing a lot of work on the tib lately trying to get it ready for the show season this year, and since the wrecks, it is not going to be any where near where I wanted it to be for the DUB show in less than 2 weeks. On top of all this, I have changed jobs reciently, and as you may know this can be a stressfull time.

On top of all this, my car will hopefully be in the shop this weekend getting a new paint job. I still plan on attending, but the tibby may not be present.

Also, I want to give HUGE props to Emily for pulling this together and getting most of the work done. She has done a great job.

So, we have all of the track information. I have contacted numerous hotels and found that there is not much of a discount to be offered to our group. The largest discount that I could confirm was $5 off per night if we reserve 10 or more rooms at the same time. To me that is not much of a discount. I will just get a room while I am up there, I have never had a problem getting rooms in the past without reservations.

What to do Saturday night - As I have gotten more involved with my local car club, I found that the best thing to do is meet, then decide as a group what to do depending on what everyone wants to do. We have the go kart place as an option, sure. We can just decide what to do when the drags close down.
Old 04-18-2005, 08:56 AM

I know some people from MN are going to be staying here so I think I will too: LeClaire Super 8
1552 Welcome Center Dr.
(563) 289-5888
Comfort Inn Riverview and LeClaire Super 8 are connected.
Located 20 minutes from the track off I-80, exit #306 LeClaire, IA.
Indoor pool, work-out room, continental breakfast
Grocery store and convenience store close by.

So if everyone else would want to stay there or somewhere close that way we would be close to each other. It is also about 10 miles north of Moline so we would be in the middle of everything

For the Go-karts that night:

$12 for a 8 min session (12-18 laps)
$20 for a 15 min session (25-40 laps)

http://www.f1indoorkarting.com

Im not sure of clubs in the area or any of that kind of stuff
Old 04-18-2005, 07:57 PM

I will be staying in that hotel.
Old 04-19-2005, 11:47 AM

we have about 20 ppl going so far smile.gif

dan - i made reservations for my room at the hotel so you should probably call too
Old 04-22-2005, 08:46 AM

It is going to get down to 29 degrees Saturday night......can I change my vote to camping? tongue.gif
Old 04-22-2005, 09:13 AM

Vehicle: 2001 Tiburon

So is the autocross thing on Sunday?
Looks like I won't make the drive Saturday like I had planned, maybe Sunday though.