USA - Midwest/Central USA - Midwest members here.

2009 L.L.L.L ( Los Lunas Labor[day] Luau )

Old 08-21-2009, 01:51 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If I can't use my motorcycle helmet then I'm out unless we can share...grossness not withstanding. I just can't afford to drop money on a helmet I'm gonna use once. All the tracks up here let me use my Motorcycle helmet.
Also since I haven't had a chance yet to create a 91 octane tune I'll need a way to get E85 of which ALBQ only has 1 or 2 stations.. 02.gif Ideas?
Old 08-21-2009, 02:15 PM

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Vehicle: 1999 Hyundai Tiburon

Dave, bring some extra fuel tanks man. On the track day, fill em up and bring them with you. You can get some nice 5 gallon tanks at walmart with very nice nozzels. I grabbed a few 2.5 gallons for my weed eater and lawn mower. Hell, you could use one of those as well if you want.

Pat, I'm down for the track day, but kind of in the same boat Dave is in. I actually dont mind getting a helmet (if anything, cool ass souvenir for this years event!), but I cant spend 300.00 bucks. I CAN afford to get a decent motorcycle helmet, if they would allow that.
Old 08-21-2009, 02:46 PM

Vehicle: N/A as in Not Applicable, not Naturally Aspirated

dmdicks, if you have 2 motorcycle helmets bring them. I think I can scrounge up a few too.
Anyone else, if you can only get your hands on a Motorcycle helmet just bring it, don't worry about it.

I will convince Melinda with my good looks that it is okay for us to use them. (but really I don't even think they're going to check the rating on the inside of your helmet).

Since we'll all be on the track for the same 1 or 2 hours we'll all need our own helmets, so no need to share/smell someone else's head sweat..

They have 100 unleaded and 110 low lead on-site, no E85.
Old 08-21-2009, 11:40 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

We for sure need to get the helmet thing worked out ASAP.

You guys saw the ones I posted, let's get some helmet sites listed ASAP.

GOOD NEWS!

The sponsorships for the meet are getting better and better. BHURLIN has donated, if you can believe it, a set of KFX/Megan Racing HEADERS and a Short Throw Shifter for the raffle.

The shifter is special for us, and ONLY for RDT members. If it goes to a owner that has a STS already, we can trade parts to someone else that can use it, or you can sell it.

OR, you can donate it to have it raffled off in the Shoutbox.

You decide.

I'll update stuff tomorrow, we've got some more vendors to talk to, and if you have ideas, have a sponsor/vendor get in touch with me!
Old 08-22-2009, 08:14 AM

WOW! Thats awesome Jer!!! Damn!

SOCKS - you should donate an ENTIRE turbo kit!!! nana.gif

Helmets: If you dont have a helmet, I've found a bunch of helmets on ebay that are Snell M2000 approved. That means they are still for motorcycle use, but if Pat can swing it so we can use motorcycle helmets, then it'll be affordable to most of us. The helmets are selling between 19.99-39.99 with 15 shipping, but the seller says he will discount on shipping for multiple orders. If we can get this approved for Sandia, we could do a group buy and have the helmets waiting for us in LL.
Old 08-22-2009, 09:10 AM

Do it! Just make sure they are full face and don't have ridiculous insignias/graphics (like FOX Racing all over it or something).

It looks there may be only 1 or 2 guys that will be joing me from my club so the total number will definetly be below 9 (if there's still only 5 of us from here, including me).
Old 08-22-2009, 09:43 AM
Banned

yes!!! i should donate an ENTIRE turbo kit.. lol.. or not tongue.gif

so someones gonna make some $$$ off that KFX header since most of the people showing up don't have a tib or any use for the header..

Old 08-22-2009, 09:48 AM

Socks, why aren't you joining us at Sandia?
Old 08-22-2009, 10:29 AM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

Word, are you coming or not Nate?
Old 08-22-2009, 02:46 PM

Yeah man, whats up?!?!

Pat- yeah, I think they are pretty tasteful. There are solid colors and a few with graphics, but still look nice IMO. I'll send you some links to the ones that I'm interested in and see if you think they will be acceptable.

Hmmm....Anyone wanting to do a group buy with me on helmets let me know!! PM me your info. Gotta jump on this NOW, so lets say we need to have these ordered no later than Tuesday.