Turbo & Supercharge (Forced Induction) Posts regarding Turbochargers, Superchargers and any other method for Forced Induction.

is it worth upgrading oil return to threaded fittings?

Old 04-12-2011, 11:47 AM
mYu

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 Tiburon
Default is it worth upgrading oil return to threaded fittings?

i just purchased an oil return kit from a local shop. i was under the impression i was going to get a stainless steel line with threaded ends and threaded fittings for the turbo return fitting and the oil pan fitting.

instead i got a heavy duty rubber-like return line, and barbed fittings with clamps for the oil return fittings.

are these just as reliable? i would like to avoid any leaks possible. it's a big performance shop and i have faith in them, but i'm wondering if they just sent me cheapo parts to save a buck.
Old 04-12-2011, 11:50 AM
Super Moderator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 hyundai tiburon

how much did you pay for it?

a regular high temp hose with clamps will work plenty fine.. its not under pressure and AN fittings + steel braided hose is just overkill and you get nothing from it as far as the way it performs.

are they NPT threads to the turbo or what? pics? how does it connect to the pan?

barbs are fine, but you need to make sure NPT fittings are sealed..

the way i do my oil return setups in my kits are with push lok fittings, but AN ends to ensure a good seal. that way no worries about teflon tape and such.

below is an example of a return line i made