Turbo & Supercharge (Forced Induction) Posts regarding Turbochargers, Superchargers and any other method for Forced Induction.

Wiseco Pistons

Old 06-05-2007, 07:01 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 1999 Hyundai Tiburon

I have searched whole morning (and put aside my work that needed to be done today) but I had no luck finding my answer.

Anyway, I have recently bought a Wiseco piston kit (WIS-K585M825) and went to service shop today to get them in. Unfortunately I was told that those pistons do not have same lubrication system solution as the OEM pistons. Apparantely, OEM pistons have several holes thorugh which oil is lubricating pistons. Since Wiseco ones do not have those holes I was advised to either allow them to drill the holes in new pistons (no-no) or order a set of connecting rods with adequate lubricating solution. So, basically, new rods should have both the hole on the top of the rod (circled green in the pic) and the small part (circled red in the pic).

Did anyone else have this problem or did you just bore the cilinder and put the new pistons and rings in?

Old 06-05-2007, 08:08 AM

I never had an issue like that. Mine were installed without trouble, and im running close to 9,000 on this motor with no problems.
Old 06-05-2007, 08:21 AM

I have found out that for the pistons that I got I would have to buy pressure-fed oiling to pin connecting rods.

Damn did they send me wrong pistons in a correct box? mad.gif
Old 06-05-2007, 09:12 AM

Vehicle: Had 96 Elantra Wagon

No you have the correct pistons, what you are looking at is the brass insert (bearing sort of) in the connecting rod that lubes the wrist pin. Have them just put the pistons and rods together and you will be fine.
Old 06-05-2007, 11:03 AM

Huh good to know. Now, do I have to machine (make) those inserts or can those be bought? What should be the tickness of the bearing?