Turbo & Supercharge (Forced Induction) Posts regarding Turbochargers, Superchargers and any other method for Forced Induction.

Where Can I Place Extra Injectors

Old 04-21-2008, 02:31 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi all.
I got 4 *630 CC injectors...
I figured it is too big for what i want.
I want around 250 hp. A little less is fine.

I am going to use smt6.
1. I want to know is it possible to hook up just 2 injectors somewhere on the intake instead of all 4 injectors bunged onto the intake manifold?
2. Where to place 2 or 4 injectors??
3. What will i be loosing by using only 2 injectors instead of 4..

I did search in this section of forum but could not find any pics... I need pics so i know where to go from here...

P.S I am oppressed Korean in South Africa.. I wonder how many ppl know about zim and MUGABE in the states lmao.gif ???
Old 04-21-2008, 03:58 AM
DTN

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

I don't think i've ever heard of using just 2 injectors. You might be able to strateigically position those 2 injectors somewhere inside the intake manifold, but that would require strateigic airflow analysis. Air pressure and flow at the front of the plenum is different then towards the end of the plenum. You'd need to take that into account.

Doesn't the SMT6 provide injector pulse width adjustment and battery voltage injector power compensation? Assuming so, then you may be able to use those injectors. Check the instructions with the SMT6 to find out the injector sizes that it is capable of handling.
Old 04-21-2008, 09:28 AM

Vehicle: uhm..... N/A

Just get a set of DSM 450s and a standalone engine managment system. Controll your fuel with that, no unnessicary drilling of the intake manifold to add two injectors. You would have to do a whole lot of extra plumbing and make a custom fuel rail being that you wouldnt be able to find one with the correct spacing anyways. Look into megasquirt
Old 04-21-2008, 11:19 AM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

Or use the Ford Racing 440s. The 630s will be a little much for your goals. And SMT6 would work fine also, no need for standalone but look into both and decide what works best for you.