Turbo & Supercharge (Forced Induction) Posts regarding Turbochargers, Superchargers and any other method for Forced Induction.

where can i find a Stage 2 turbo kit for 2k Tib? If possible

Old 04-01-2002, 01:00 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default where can i find a Stage 2 turbo kit for 2k Tib? If possible

Does anyone know where i can go about getting a stage 2 turbo kit for 2000 Tiburons? I would like to get one and have it installed b4 the next NE get together.
Old 04-01-2002, 01:16 AM

Ballistic Racing.

[ April 01, 2002, 09:32 AM: Message edited by: yamaneko ]
Old 04-01-2002, 01:26 AM

So far there has not yet been a turbo developed that has been proven to work well with the U.S. spec cars. There are many companies working on this, but of course due to the advertising rules on this board, we would not freely advertise for them.....MARK. :-P
Old 04-01-2002, 01:35 AM

my bad smile.gif
Old 04-01-2002, 06:53 AM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Vehicle: 2008 Toyota Prius 2006 Suzuki SV650S

UFB:
EVERYTHING else is EXACTLY the same - so sorry to saybut there is no such thing as developed for a US spec Tiburon, if it works on the European or S.A models, IT WILL work precisely the same on the US spec Tiburon's aswell.
I disagree with you completely on this. Tuning for a MAF sensor is totally different that tuning for a MAP sensor. Replacing the MAF sensor is NOT easy, and requires a much more expensive ECU piggypack or total replacement ECU.

As the folks who have purchased other kits overseas have discovered, the overseas spec cars make more power with the same kit, and have an easier time installing and tuning them than people do in North America.

If it's so easy...where's your kit? How many months since you said one month? How many difference ECU choices have you gone through?

BTW...Ketchup if Tucan
Define 'stage 2'

"Stages" is a worthless word when it comes to tuning. It is a video game term that people have carried over and tried to apply to real car tuning. Go ask an F1 engineer what "stage 1, stage 2 and stage 3" are? He'll look at you like you are a moron. Go ask a IMSA/Grand Am, NASCAR, or rally car/engine builder and ask them what "stage 1, stage 2 and stage 3" are? They'll look at you as a poser and/or a riceboy.

Why not simply state your HP goal, and we can tell you if there are any kits/parts out there that can get you there. Either that, or why not ask for the Stage 99 kit, or spend the extra money and get the Stage 125 kit.????
Old 04-01-2002, 11:25 PM

Thank you for clarifying things for me. As for mocking me, I have a list of things I would like to do to both you and your mother. However, I respect your hightened intelligence and thusly will still inquire: Could anyone tell me where I could get a turbo kit that will give me roughly 100-150 hp. I am not as smart as some people so if this is an unreasonable resuest, please tell me minus the degrading insults. Thank you again. As for double posting, I had forgoten I was in the engine, intake, and exhaust section and I thought that this was a topic better suited for the Help section. Forgive me and aide me if you could/would. thank you and goodbye.
Old 04-02-2002, 12:36 AM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Vehicle: 2008 Toyota Prius 2006 Suzuki SV650S

100 to 150 HP should be do able with just about any kit, it just depends on how much money you want to sink into it. You're basically looking for between 220 and 270 to the wheels.

The Alpine kit at $2500 would still need pistions, rods, and a clutch, plus a host of other "minor" upgrades to get to 100-150 Hp. Such as...boost gauge, 4 larger injectors rather than the 5 injector setup that alpine uses, and extensive tuning of the Uni-Chip ECU, and possibly replacing the Unichip with a haltec or motec system. Between $4000 and $6000 not including install and tuning.

The RPW T28 kit, about $2800, would still need pistions, rods, a clutch, intercooler, but comes with more of the "minor" stuff. It also comes with a Haltec, so call that one $3800 to $5000 plus install plus tuning.

The Ballistics Racing kit, when released, at around $4300-$4400, is the most complete "kit". All the others are more "starter" kits. The kit does include pistions, rods, intercooler, but not injectors, and does include most of the minor parts needed. Call that one $5000-$5500, plus install plus tuning.

If you want to learn more on what you are spending your hard earned $5000 on, I suggest you pick up "Maximum Boost" by Corkey Bell. It will teach you how turbochargers work, and how forced induction engines work, and what makes a good system and what problems you might run into.

A turbo charger is a fairly expensive item, and it will radically alter the way your car drives and handles. I suggest you do as much reading on the subject as possible prior to your purchase so that you can make the most informed consumer decision possible. A turbo charger is not a "simple" modification, and it is not something you can just bolt on.

It has nothing to do with, "hightened intelligence", but rather education. You are looking at making a large investment in your car, and radically altering the cars capababilities and handleing. I'm merely suggesting you educate yourself rather than spend your money on something you may end up regretting.
Old 04-02-2002, 12:44 AM

well there are a few options as far as "kits" go.

1.) "alpine turbo "Kit", it sells for $2700. you get a turbo, manifold, intercooler, piping and the "UniChip" Random is running this set up, as well as a few others.

2.) Ballistic "Stage 1 Kit" includes just about everything youd need, pistons, rings, turbo, piping, controlls, intercooler, etc. by far a better "Kit" over the "alpine kit" in that you get pistons, clutch, etc... $3600

3.) Ballistic "Stage 2 Kit" same as above with more/better goodies. $4000

4.) "homegrown kit" Curtas, and myself are building our own "kits" so far ive spent $1000 on it... all i have left to get is the intercooler and misc lines and hoses.

if you want some advice man, click on search and search for turbo or something. theres enough on this site to keep you busy readin for hours. trust me; a month ago i didnt know how a turbo even worked. now i completely understand the system, and how im going to build mine.

dont take stuff here personal, especially comming from Random. this is his site, his forums. after youve been here a while youll see that all the new ppl basicly post the same question(s). when if they searched no one would have to answer them. hes just old-n-grouchy. but DAMN is he all knowing tongue.gif
Old 04-02-2002, 09:19 PM

You can get the ballisitics stage 2 kit at www.kore-motorsports.com