Turbo & Supercharge (Forced Induction) Posts regarding Turbochargers, Superchargers and any other method for Forced Induction.

where can i find a Stage 2 turbo kit for 2k Tib? If possible

Old 04-02-2002, 10:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 1997 accent L

not for much longer.

KORE is finishing up work on their own turbo kit, pricing is expected to be about $2600 (but dont quote me on that). When the kit will be done, we're not quite sure. However, I'm confident it will be a decent kit when it arrives. smile.gif
Old 04-03-2002, 12:50 AM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Vehicle: 2008 Toyota Prius 2006 Suzuki SV650S

AzzY:
dont take stuff here personal, especially comming from Random. this is his site, his forums. after youve been here a while youll see that all the new ppl basicly post the same question(s). when if they searched no one would have to answer them. hes just old-n-grouchy. but DAMN is he all knowing :p
No, I'm not "all knowing", far from it.
The forum's are owned by Shark Racing, I am simply the Forum Administrator. Generally, I am not a grouchy person, however, I have become rather grouchy since breaking 2 teeth and waiting for the DDS to pull them. My apologies to anyone/everyone if I have offended. I'm not exactly my normal 'self'.
Old 04-04-2002, 04:44 AM

Random:No, I'm not "all knowing", far from it..
That is a difficult step to reach, but if i had to pick 5 "most knowing" people, you would be on that list buddy tongue.gif

Generally, I am not a grouchy person, however, I have become rather grouchy since breaking 2 teeth and waiting for the DDS to pull them. My apologies to anyone/everyone if I have offended. I'm not exactly my normal 'self'.
i thought you were just getting old tongue.gif

UFB:Also removing the MAF sensor IS SIMPLE, to remove it is a matter of two clamp screws and one electrical connector, to replace it, is one screw mounting a MAP sensor supplied by us.
Can you please define "simple" for us? As i recall, you were the one that stated that assembling a turbo kit would be "simple." Upgrading engine internals would be "simple."
Old 04-04-2002, 08:28 AM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Vehicle: 2008 Toyota Prius 2006 Suzuki SV650S

UFB:
I'm interested in how two IDENTICAL engines with the exact same components (I assume they run the same components) installed will make much more power than the other one simply based on a different country (assuming that both countries climates are similar) ??? Please clarify this.
Jon has the alpine kit in the UK, and dyno'd out at above 200 HP without the Unichip, without the 5th injecter and with a stock exhaust system... With the same turbo kit, running the same pressure, With a full exhaust and the unichip and 5th injector...my dyno was 169 HP.

Yamanako managed a measly 148 HP with the supercharger....Zorro manged almost 200 with the SC.

So yes...there appears to be a VERY large discrepency between what kits dyno out for overseas vs what kits dyno out at within the USA.

[ April 04, 2002, 04:30 PM: Message edited by: Random ]
Old 04-04-2002, 08:44 AM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

UFB:
Please confirm whether or not...
Check your PM...