Turbo & Supercharge (Forced Induction) Posts regarding Turbochargers, Superchargers and any other method for Forced Induction.

Water/alky Injection

Old 08-23-2005, 09:58 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2000 Hyundai Tiburon

I was wondering if anybody hear has used water or alky injection on there turbo tibs.

I am in the market for a alky injection kit. I am trying to find a reputial kit to buy. But I am not sure which I should buy or what not to buy.

If anyone knows of some good kits available please post.

Also Anyone with info about these kits feel free to post as I would like to see a good dicussion about these setups. I did a few searches and didn't come up with much about these kits on this board. There are alot of turbo guys lets see your thoughts.
Old 08-23-2005, 10:04 AM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

http://www.rdtiburon.com/index.php?showtopic=8800
Old 08-23-2005, 10:07 AM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 01 Tiburon Turbo, 99 Tiburon F2E, 2013 Avalon XLE Touring

I had the Snow Performance Kit. It doesn't do anything better than a good IC can do.
Old 08-23-2005, 10:53 AM

In temperatures over 90 degrees your intercooler isn't very efficient at all and this is where the water/methanol injection helps out allot, thats when I tend to use mine, on the colder days it's not really needed. Some people tend to say that it could damage your engine but that is a load of crap since the mixture evaporates into a gas no sooner it enters the intake stream and the air is moving so fast through the intake and combustion chamber the water and methanol have no time to settle on any parts long enough to do any damage. Another advantage of the injection setup is it helps clean out your combustion chamber, I've been using it for a while and when I pulled my head off just to check things out my combustion chamber was spotless and free of carbon.