Turbo & Supercharge (Forced Induction) Posts regarding Turbochargers, Superchargers and any other method for Forced Induction.

Usedturbos.net

Old 06-26-2012, 05:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2008 Elantra
Default Usedturbos.net

http://usedturbos.net/

Anyone have any experience from this place? Would you trust them?

UsedTurbos.net is a website developed to sell turbochargers of all sizes and brands. We are a shop dedicated to remanufacturing and modifying turbochargers. All the turbos we sell are high quality units and are expected to give years of trouble-free service. Please feel free to contact us with all your turbocharging questions. Take a look through our technical article gallery for valuable information related to turbocharging. Thank you for your interest and time, keep boosting!
Old 06-28-2012, 05:41 PM
Administrator

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Vehicle: 2010 Genesis 2.0T

Just stick with new turbos. Used ones could turn out to be more trouble than their worth.
Old 06-29-2012, 01:38 AM

Vehicle: X3 Sprint, S-Coupe Turbo

A used turbo off the internet... no respectable forum would ever let you live it down.

Besides, just rebuild it yourself or take it to your local shop.
Old 06-29-2012, 04:29 AM

Vehicle: MC + RD2 + AW11 + 944 = 4x Win

I wouldn't buy a used turbo on the same grounds I wouldn't buy a used condom.

Seems like the kind of risk that savings wont out weigh, with a completely foreseeable and non-preferential series of outcomes
Old 06-29-2012, 09:28 AM
Super Moderator

Vehicle: 2001 hyundai tiburon

seems like most of what is or would be on that site would be more along the lines of RE-manufactured turbos which is the only option other than NEW, DIESEL or REPLACEMENT.

Re-manufactured are just as good or better than new if the process is done right. All of the turbos I sold in my kits were re-manufactured and balanced using higher tolerances than required.

I would DEFINITELY recommend a site like this as long as you know their process that goes into rebuilding the turbo.

475$ for a T4 Ptrim/57 trim turbo with a V-band suppporting 575hp AND a 1-year warranty, YES PLEASE!

795$ for the entire SRT-4 assembly re-manufactured with new oil line. GREAT deal for people wanting to stay stock.

For your application though, you would have to wait until they got some smaller re-built turbos in.

The negative responses as seen already in this thread show that they picked a VERY dumb domain name as most people wont even click on it seeing USED and TURBO in the URL..
Old 06-29-2012, 10:29 AM

But why off the internet? There are turbo rebuild shops everwhere, and never a shortage of blown turbos...
Old 06-29-2012, 10:38 AM
Super Moderator

Vehicle: 2001 hyundai tiburon

why not off the internet?

If you don't have a turbo that needs re-built, that would require finding the turbo you want, blown up, finding a shop to rebuild the turbo and paying to have it rebuilt.

This way, you select the turbo you want that has already been rebuilt and it ships to your door, all clean, pretty and balanced..

For most people it is all about convenience and saving time. Buying online from sites like these pretty much gets you a new turbo, looking like new for less than the price of a new one..

In your arguement, why ever buy a new turbo? For true enthusiasts and people who like saving money while investing the time/skill to fix things it makes sense. Most people just don't want to do that.
Old 07-01-2012, 10:16 AM

Vehicle: 2000 Elantra

Originally Posted by turbosocks
In your arguement, why ever buy a new turbo? For true enthusiasts and people who like saving money while investing the time/skill to fix things it makes sense. Most people just don't want to do that.

Old 07-02-2012, 05:53 AM

Well, I prefer to have service-based items done locally. That way I can check out their shop, speak to the owner, see the guy doing the work and so on. Doing this over the internet... that site has the same credibility as a forum member with one for sale post. Or more but you know what I mean.

Don't get me wrong though, I definitely like the idea of rebuilding and refreshing a turbo. They are actually somewhat simple devices.
Old 07-02-2012, 07:23 AM

Vehicle: 2000 Elantra

I rebuilt mine in my bathtub

Let's see how long it lasts lol