Turbo & Supercharge (Forced Induction) Posts regarding Turbochargers, Superchargers and any other method for Forced Induction.

USA RD to KDM RD engine swap

Old 01-30-2005, 11:58 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2004 Acura TL

Sorry Rick, I meant that I was WAY off topic going and talking about getting everybody together for a project.
Old 01-30-2005, 02:46 PM

Vehicle: Elantra HD / 2007

I have Korean RD 1997 year,
with MAP sensor and ECU with pins in two rows.
Old 01-30-2005, 11:02 PM

Vehicle: 01 Tibster

Hi guys, I'm pretty new to this forum, but not to he hyundai society. Red, I don't know if you remember me, but I talked to you about a year ago in korea and I'm friends with David. As fate turns out, I'm in korea now and I shipped my US spec 2001 Tiburon over here. I'll get ahold of David and perhaps we can do the harness swap here. I've mentioned the idea of the swap last year on other forums, but I never got any support. Everyone told me to go with a stand-alone. I'm currently running an Alpine turbo kit right now, but I'm thinking of getting a new setup. Let me know what you guys think
Old 01-31-2005, 12:15 AM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

Dude, how the hell did you get your car over there?!?!?

Airborne, I need you to IM me when you get a chance, I know who you are mang. We could use your help.

Also, I need soju, I'm almost out.
Old 02-05-2005, 05:08 AM

Vehicle: 01 Tibster

Check this out guys, my friend has a US spec 2000 elantra here in korea and he just got a turbo kit installed from a korean shop in Taegu. I just took a brief look, but it looks like there was some extra wiring to the injectors. I looked at the ECU and I couldn't really see anything out of the ordinary, but I'm pretty sure it's a korean spec ECU. The reason I'm pretty sure about this is because he told me the mechanic couldn't tune the US spec ECU. He must be running a MAP as well since he doesn't have a recirculating BOV. It was a pretty cool kit. I'll try and take some pictures tomorrow and see if I can't talk to the mechanic.
Old 02-08-2005, 09:15 AM
http://www.hyundaiaftermarket.org/images/vendor1.png

"What kinda race? Drag? Too heavy"

The RD1 is too heavy to drag?
Old 02-08-2005, 10:16 AM

QUOTE (Blacktibs)
"What kinda race? Drag? Too heavy"

The RD1 is too heavy to drag?

WTF? The RD2 is like approximately 40lbs heavier than the RD1. And that's mostly because they redesigned the rear and front end, which is why you see it heavier. But other than that, the chassis is virtually the same....so no, the RD1 is not even heavy to drag. I think barebones of just chassis alone, no body panels...it's around 2000-2200lbs.
Old 02-08-2005, 10:59 AM

QUOTE (Airborne)
Hi guys, I'm pretty new to this forum, but not to he hyundai society. Red, I don't know if you remember me, but I talked to you about a year ago in korea and I'm friends with David. As fate turns out, I'm in korea now and I shipped my US spec 2001 Tiburon over here. I'll get ahold of David and perhaps we can do the harness swap here. I've mentioned the idea of the swap last year on other forums, but I never got any support. Everyone told me to go with a stand-alone. I'm currently running an Alpine turbo kit right now, but I'm thinking of getting a new setup. Let me know what you guys think

Great opportunity.

I've asked 4 different companies to give me feedback.

One of them are working for me base on ecu pin out informations send to me by Denis in Canada to make harnesses to suit Siemens. They said they've used alot of import cars with Korean made harnesses and Siemens ecu already, so this company looks to be best for me.

ArcticChill Blacktibs posted a question mark?

Both RD1 and RD2 is heavy compare with 8sec. Honda Civic.

Touring race cars dry weight is 800kg before..

Drag? Taking beam support, side impact bar will help great deal.....still? The wheelbase is too long to have strong chassis to hold much power despite 24points weld roll cage like this...

Old 02-08-2005, 11:18 AM

Although going to a MAP kdm ecu would be nice... this will in NO WAY pass emissions.

If done for less then 1000, tuned, and with an optional 2-3 bar map sensor, it would definantly nice.

If not.. ill stick with a haltech...

I dont advise doing a KDM engine swap... [SLAPS CHRIS]. I dont see any gain what so ever...

Also chris.. ill have my beta I/II hybrid out before the end of the month.. your more than welcome to play with that if you need another block.

If you guys need help.. let me know... i helped with Chris' weird 00 tiburon transformation, installed a haltech, installed 4-5 engines, 5-7 trannies,.... dam this is making me depressed...
02.gif

Anyways.. as far as ecu differences..

I believe 97-98 are the same, 99-01 are the same. This is ECU only...