Turbo & Supercharge (Forced Induction) Posts regarding Turbochargers, Superchargers and any other method for Forced Induction.

turbos

Old 02-03-2005, 12:02 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default turbos

I want to turbo my tibby, if any one has the alpine turbo kit, does the kit give u
a big horse power gane...
Old 02-03-2005, 12:10 AM

Vehicle: Turbocharged 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

not familiar with the turbo but i can give you the very basic rundown on turbo's, hp is directly porportional to the PSI you run through it, PSI is adjustable. bigger turbos can run more PSI. it also depends on what else you do to your car, I.E. BBTB, IM, Engine Internals, Exhaust.. hope this helps a little
Old 02-03-2005, 12:44 AM

Vehicle: 2015 Subaru WRX

First off, there have been countless posts about this... search mang, search...

Second, I used to have one... DONT GET IT!!! You get a decent gain... but the unichip programing makes it not worth it... Unless you have a licensed Unichip dealer next door to you, get a turbo kit from Speed-Factor. No problems to be heard of from it! Youll have a lot less A$$ pain in the long run! That Alpine kit led to the eventual 'boom' of my motor... 02.gif (that and the crapy install shop) You ARE gonna get lots of bad replies against the Alpine... as soon as more people long on... youll see

Also, the turbo that comes with the kit is tiny compared to most, so you dont really have potential for adding on for the future.
Old 02-03-2005, 01:03 AM

Vehicle: Elantra HD / 2007

QUOTE (Hobgoblin)
Also, the turbo that comes with the kit is tiny compared to most, so you dont really have potential for adding on for the future.

What turbo is in this kit?
Old 02-03-2005, 01:46 AM

Vehicle: 2015 Subaru WRX

they told me it was a T15... I heard way back when I was having my problems that it was smaller than the one that comes stock on the old Mitsu Eclipses
Old 02-03-2005, 02:10 AM

Vehicle: 05 Subaru WRX

go with speed factor mang i have heard of nothing but good things from the users. thats where im headed as soon as i have the money
Old 02-03-2005, 07:05 AM

Vehicle: 2004 Acura TL

The big thing about Speed-Factor and why we have all been recommending him is that his prices are competitive, he'll help you out if you've a got a decent question, and you don't absolutely need him every second of the job. (although he will be there I'm sure)

With the Alpine kit you are very dependant of their staff knowing what to do. With Tim(Speed-Factor) you can basically do it yourself and get it dynotuned to your specification, without having downtime due to not having an ECU or a stupid chip to actually let your car run correctly.

Run a search, I know this statement is overused sometimes, but it's definitely the best way to go. There are a lot of avenues you can go with Forced Induction and you'll need to know a little bit about what works on the Beta. not to mention what you want to see out of it either.
Old 02-03-2005, 07:26 AM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

QUOTE (tylerstib)
I want to turbo my tibby, if any one has the alpine turbo kit, does the kit give u
a big horse power gane...

Welcome to the site, but what's a gane?

LOL

Anyways, the Alpine kit sucks, do some searching here and lots of reading.
Old 02-03-2005, 09:19 AM

QUOTE (Dmitry)
What turbo is in this kit?

i believe its the DSM 13g which comes on the 1990-1994 4g63t's with an auto tranny.
You can get a 14b which is slightly larger for around $100.
I've commented frequently on this kit. Its a good kit if you can get it for less than $2k. But I would NEVER pay retail on it because it comes with a small turbo, small intercooler and crappy fuel management system.
Old 02-03-2005, 09:21 AM

I feel that being newer to turbos myself and have read Maximum boost, I most recommend that you read it. I knew nothing about turbos compaired to what I know now. Corkey Bell's book Maximum Boost helped me understand everything. When your finishied reading it, youll understand why going with Tims kit or building your own will work best.