Turbo & Supercharge (Forced Induction) Posts regarding Turbochargers, Superchargers and any other method for Forced Induction.

Turbo Tubing - New Update inside

Old 08-13-2002, 06:43 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Bat Lord:
not as of yet, but i have thought about it, it's just that unfortunately my funds are finally out,
You can always pawn Nikki's wedding ring.

I hope she doesn't read this. hahahaha....

Yuri, if I hit the lotto, you will have full sponsorship from my adult dvd/novelty store I'm gonna open. wink
Old 08-13-2002, 06:49 AM

Vehicle: Ex Hyundai Owner

You can always pawn Nikki's wedding ring.
hahaha, damn, I would have enough for 2 turbos then, wwwoooohhoooo V6 swap coming up with twin turbos...

my adult dvd/novelty store I'm gonna open.
Been thinking of that myself, lol, but of course I'd have to incorporate a tuning shop, maybe the girls can be the installers... wouldn't you guys come to a shop and have your windshield wipers installed all the time... I know you Hootie, and you'd brake them and buy new ones just to see them install new ones all over... hehehe I'd be rich
Old 08-13-2002, 07:03 AM

*dead*

It can be half tuning shop and half adult dvd store.

You can preview your favorite pr0n while waiting for your exhaust to be installed.
Old 08-13-2002, 11:21 PM

Here's a pic of the ic installed, as you it's bigger than that pictured above...
Old 08-13-2002, 11:51 PM

I'm not sure what your performance goals are, but wouldn't your life be easier with an internal wastegate?

In the first pic: The piping barely misses the manifold. Would there be any issues with the heat coming from the maifold?
Old 08-14-2002, 12:01 AM

wouldn't your life be easier with an internal wastegate...
Well see from what everyone has told me including the shop, and from what I've looked around and read, nothing beats the external, internals don't last long I've seen, and I would rather the control factor, plus the price for me is the same exact thing...

As far as the HEAT... we did try the fans already, and they are incredible, those things will keep the turbo cooled enough to not really affect it... yes the tubing will be close, but I feel the fans will do it's job, as Random said, I will have to have 1 running all the time...

I'm not sure what your performance goals are?
My main goal remains the same as it has since I began into the Hyundai Scene, to show what we're all about, and what can be accomplished with a Hyundai... I think I will leave the PERFORMANCE FACTOR to guys like RED and RANDOM... Yes my car will be fast, I want to be pushing 220 whp as a daily driver, and in my mind that's enough, for next year, I have already promised many to go to 300 whp with a few more upgrades... and think about it as if you were in my shoes, after spending so much $$,$$$.$$ into one car, would you want to see it go away with a flash, as in a crash at the track or similar... I will be taking it to the track and yes I will be dynoing, but once again, RED and RANDOM and ONPOL are our top hp guys...

[ August 14, 2002, 07:07 AM: Message edited by: Bat Lord ]
Old 08-14-2002, 12:34 AM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Vehicle: 2008 Toyota Prius 2006 Suzuki SV650S

The fans cannot be placed in front of the radiator unless you don't have AC, or unless you remove the AC system. The AC Condensor radiator in front of the coolant radiator.

Aiming the turbo "down" would have provided a tad more room, but it would have made the installtion less visable. BatLord wants this turbo to be VISIBLE for car shows, and as such, the "upward" pointing turbo is his best bet there.

Batlord- Rather that powercoating, you could always go for Ceramic coating. Performance and appearance, and also much more scrach resistant. Some limited color choices are also available to try to coordinate with your engine color scheme. Damn...the project looks good so far!

A short CAI tube will have to be fabricated as you need to seperate the MAF from the heat of the turbo. The MAF must be at least 6" away from the turbo for heat reasons. It will read horribly wrong if you mount it closer to the turbo. (wanna guess how I figured that out?) This should put the filter closer to the battery, and about as close to 'cold' air as can be mananged easily without the risks of a "true" CAI. The only other option would be to route it down the hole behind the battery, but that would require extensive tubing, or battery relocation.

Lastly...I just recently found some oil thermostats. They fit inline with oil tubing. At low temp, it returns the oil without routing it through the cooler, at high temp, it allows the oil to run through the cooler. It starts to open at around 165 degrees and is fully open by 180 degrees. This prevents you from OVER cooling your oil. I'll be hooking up an oil cooler with the in-line thermostat and posting all the details for everyone once my project motor get's going in about 2 months.
Old 08-14-2002, 12:38 AM

Rather that powercoating, you could always go for Ceramic coating.
Problem with this is MONEY and LOCATION... unfortunately we don't have one that the shop is contact to, for a lower discount...

Old 08-14-2002, 12:56 AM

I have to admit Bat it is easy for us to shoot you suggestion since it's not our money!! I also want to tell you that I'm damn proud of what you have before and are currently doing for the Hyundai scene. You are always generous with advice and plenty of pictures.
Random can you post more info on the inline thermostat for oil lines?
Old 08-14-2002, 03:53 AM

thanks guys, you all made me see though, that I have to go with my first impression of their idea... I just came back and told them I want NO CHROME and to please powder coat the tubing...