Turbo & Supercharge (Forced Induction) Posts regarding Turbochargers, Superchargers and any other method for Forced Induction.

Turbo Timer on a 98 Tiburon

Old 12-04-2010, 09:04 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 1998/Hyundai/Tiburon FX Turbo
Default Turbo Timer on a 98 Tiburon

I followed jonGTR's instruction on installing HKS Turbo Timer type 1, I been double checking everything looks like everything is wired correctly. The only problems is when I turn the ignition off the engine shuts off immediately it counts down just fine even the light does not turn off until the countdown goes to 0, RPM is working, Battery volt's works even the handbrake safety feature works.

I'm thinking maybe the color coding on the ignition wires is different for the 98 Tib? I check the trouble shooting on the HKS manual it says this issue is because I'm not using HKS Harness and to fix I need to get HKS harness?

Old 12-04-2010, 10:46 PM

Hi Everyone I just found this wiring diagram for all tibs can anyone confirm if these are right coz it looks like jonGTR used accesory 1 for 12V ignition and accessory 2 for 12v accessory?

http://alarmsellout.com/support/diag...01997-2005.pdf
Old 12-05-2010, 05:00 AM

Vehicle: 13 Gen Coupe Ult.

Hello Mr. TT

So this is what I came up with, found a few issues, with your install, and JonGTR's guide.

First off for basic install FOR YOU or any 98 Tibs

A. Red 12v constant from the TT should tap into the blue/black wire of the back of the ignition cylinder.

B. Green 12v Ignition from the TT should tap into the black/white wire of the back of the ignition cylinder.

C. Blue 12v Accessory from the TT should tap into the blue/yellow wire wire of the back of the ignition cylinder.

D. Black ground wire form turbo timer to ground!

Now the TT will work, and if you want it to work in auto mode sense you bought the type1, you will have to hook it into the Rpm sensor wire and speed sensor wire.

E. Brown Rpm Sensor wire, this will need to tap into the wire coming from pin 47 on Ecu.

F. Blue Speed sensor wire, this will need to tap into the wire coming from pin 42 on the Ecu.

The issue i ran into when looking this up was that i found the schemaric for the 2001 Tiburon Wiring and compared it to JonGTR's DIY. The wires on his install are a tad off or the schematic i looked at was wrong... On his install in parts E and F the wires he has you tap for teh 12v ignition, according to the diagram would actually be the 12v accessory wire! Then for the 12V accessory wire from the TT he has you tap it to the Secondary Accessory wire. So this would still function and still give you readings, as everything it there, but the TT main function wouldnt work.

But never got a reply form JonGTR saying it worked, he just states it lights up... So... just a heads up!!!

Good luck TT.. Just retap the wires to the ones i gave you and it should work just fine!!!
Old 12-05-2010, 02:04 PM

It did not work with 1998 wiring but work on the 2000:

Red - White/Yellow

Green - Black/White

Blue - Blue/Black