Turbo & Supercharge (Forced Induction) Posts regarding Turbochargers, Superchargers and any other method for Forced Induction.

Turbo Questions

Old 02-10-2008, 10:57 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

you need to keep in mind that even with only about 300whp you'll have some grip problems coming out of the corners...

Correction, you'll have MAJOR gripping problems coming out of the corners, thrust me one this one. wink1.gif

Not to mention rapid tire wear, I don't even want to think about the results with 500whp.

If you're going with the GT series Turbo, a bit of lag wouldn't be that bad actualy. It would give you time to get around the corner, secure the stering properly and lunch into outer space safer. lmao.gif
Old 02-11-2008, 09:22 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 1998/Hyundai/Tiburon FX

Yeah, I know I am going to have some serious traction issues, that's part of the fun!! LOL. Although I will be running at least 225's (on the car now actually). I plan on doing some type of DOT drag radial when I want to up the boost around town and on the dragstrip.

As for the 3076, when would you estimate I would get into boost rpm wise? Like I stated before I would like to prevent lag a bit, you people are trying to get me to build a space ship!! LOL, although I wouldn't mind having the capability to do 550 whp (that would be totally wicked). What are the other advantages to the 3076? I would do the .63 a/r. I guess I had better buy the pauter rods and ARP main/head studs, haha. I was debating whether or not to use the stockers shot peened and cryo treated, but I think I will be better off using the pauters. If I was to do ferrea valve train, and the pauter rods/ARP stuff, do you guys think it would be okay to rev her out to 8000? At 7500 I have never had a problem with the HLA's, I think that is what the oil restrictor in the head is for right?

I am going to order the turbo soon because it is going to take a month for full-race to get it to me with the coating, and I want to have this coming together in the spring, so PLEASE give me advice on the choice between the 3071 and the 3076 (numbers, characteristics, etc). This is a very expensive purchase and I want to get the selection right. According to the salesperson at full-race, these GT turbos will get into boost more gradually and are more controllable than a standard t3/t4 50 trim. Is that true or is he blowing smoke up my ass to get me to spend more $$$?

I need some serious opinions on turbo selection here!!

Also, are there any major issues people run into other than trans problems with this much power going to the wheels? I have 850cc injectors so fuel will definately NOT be a problem, but I was looking toward mechanical failures. I think with the pauters/ARP main/head studs with the wiseco 8.8:1 forged pistons I already have should hold up fine, but if there is anything else I need to worry about let me know please.

Has anyone gotten the gears for the trans shot peened and cryo treated? I hear we shear gears at high HP numbers, so I would like to prevent that.

Thanks so much everyone, your advice is greatly appreciated!! smile.gif