Turbo & Supercharge (Forced Induction) Posts regarding Turbochargers, Superchargers and any other method for Forced Induction.

Turbo Kit

Old 09-20-2008, 08:58 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

PM sent
Old 09-20-2008, 09:27 PM

Vehicle: 05 Subaru WRX

QUOTE (Evo @ Sep 13 2008, 01:37 AM)
no offence taken. but i dont agree with what you say. im not eduacated (sic) in how an engine works. sure i know the basics/theory but not to the level to build one. yet i can drive around quite fine without that knowledge. why cant the same be done with a turbo.

If thats the case buy a car that come stock turbo, or better yet go buy a honda where the aftermarket already has dozens of kits with engine management included. Building a turbo hyundai is like building a gaming computer, you have to know what is going on for it to function correctly. If you dont like it then sell your hyundai and go mainstream.
Old 09-20-2008, 10:58 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

Ill have my manifold, turbo, wastegate, intercooler and piping for sale in about a month and a half. Everything has about 100 miles on it and never saw any real power. Just a heads up if you are still looking when that time comes around.
Old 10-05-2008, 07:28 AM
Evo

Vehicle: 1997 Hyundai Coupe FX

QUOTE (Role Reversal @ Sep 21 2008, 01:57 PM)
If you dont like it then sell your hyundai and go mainstream.

no offence, actually no, please take offence, that's the worst advice i've ever heard on a car forum. that attitude is elitist, and what bring the scene down.
Old 10-06-2008, 03:06 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

The more I see you post, the more of a moron you are Evo.

Role Reversal was right on the money, either you learn what you are doing and do it right, or you screw up your Hyundai from not listening to advise and sell it, buy a Honda or Scion or some other car, and talk shit about Hyundai's.

All because you (the modifier) can't listen.

A FEW of us members here have been involved with tuning our cars for nearly a decade, so if you ask for advise, be prepared for it, just like the forum rules state, no one says you'll like the advise you are given.
Old 10-06-2008, 03:25 PM
Evo

Vehicle: 1997 Hyundai Coupe FX

QUOTE (RED ZMAN @ Oct 7 2008, 07:36 AM)
The more I see you post, the more of a moron you are Evo.

Role Reversal was right on the money, either you learn what you are doing and do it right, or you screw up your Hyundai from not listening to advise and sell it, buy a Honda or Scion or some other car, and talk shit about Hyundai's.

All because you (the modifier) can't listen.

A FEW of us members here have been involved with tuning our cars for nearly a decade, so if you ask for advise, be prepared for it, just like the forum rules state, no one says you'll like the advise you are given.

im a moron cause i dont agree with ur values zman. plain and simple. let make no mistake about it.

im not saying the advice u give is bad, far from it. just the way u present it to us n00bs. you (and i dont mean you in particular zman) come across as elitist. we dont all have the same needs as you.

and while i'm having a rant, i'll also take this time to "attack" vendors. why does it seem that every second vendor is dodgy. why does it seem that every second vendor gives crappy service, long wait times, wrong products, rip off prices, etc?

have a nice day
Old 10-06-2008, 03:39 PM

No, you are a moron because you think you are right, when you are most OBVIOUSLY not. You want the world to run by your reasoning, and it won't, so you are bitter.

You won't win here.

BTW, do NOT quote the post above yours again.

It also doesn't matter what your needs are, read the site rules, you ask for advise, you will be given it. The OP here asked about a turbo kit, and obviously has little knowledge in the area. Were he to go buy the ebay kit and install it, he would, MOST LIKELY FROM THE EXPERIENCE OF OTHER NEW TUNERS, blow his engine or screw up his car, then sell it, and bad mouth Hyundai.

We promote proper tuning here, don't like it? Go to NT.

As for your OT question about vendors, it's like that on almost all sites, and it's getting worse over the entierity of the internet. They do it because they can get away with it, and most users just give up instead of fight.
Old 10-06-2008, 04:12 PM

Vehicle: 2006 Pontiac GTO

I also agree that people should learn how stuff works in general before they try to modify their cars.

HOWEVER you can also learn a lot just by trying and doing it, even if you do make some mistakes. You might screw up your Hyundai, so what's it to all of you? For each his own, as well as he knows from start he's walking on risky territory.

Btw redz, I like how you can call anybody "moron" whenever you feel like it, but when someone calls you something like that you are all like "i was personally attacked" and whatever. I don't understand why you need to use your admin powers in any old argument (and yes, calling someone "moron" when they aren't allowed to call you one, IS using your admin powers). And for the billionth time, it's spelled ADVICE. Leave it to a Romanian to teach you your native language..
Old 10-06-2008, 04:26 PM

Vehicle: 01/hyundai/tiburon

^^everyone knows redZ is a dick, but nobodys gonna beat him at his own game, on his website!^^
RDT is still and will always be better then NT tho, lol. its the members that make a community not the police, although they can sure change a community lmao.gif
Old 10-06-2008, 04:37 PM

QUOTE (radu_rd2 @ Oct 6 2008, 04:12 PM)
I also agree that people should learn how stuff works in general before they try to modify their cars.

HOWEVER you can also learn a lot just by trying and doing it, even if you do make some mistakes. You might screw up your Hyundai, so what's it to all of you? For each his own, as well as he knows from start he's walking on risky territory.

Btw redz, I like how you can call anybody "moron" whenever you feel like it, but when someone calls you something like that you are all like "i was personally attacked" and whatever. I don't understand why you need to use your admin powers in any old argument (and yes, calling someone "moron" when they aren't allowed to call you one, IS using your admin powers). And for the billionth time, it's spelled ADVICE. Leave it to a Romanian to teach you your native language..

"Just Trying and Doing" a turbo? No one here has the money to make those kind of mistakes here.

So why aren't you "Just trying and Doing" yours?

You've got someone who knows what they are doing, doing it for you.

Call me whatever you want, if it's on topic, and I'm attacking you, I won't warn you for it. But here, you are OFF TOPIC, as I didn't say shit to you. I haven't used any "admin powers" in any argument on this thread, that's personal use of a statement. If Javageek or tibby01 want to tell me not to do so, I'll take it under ADVICEMENT.

My major isn't English, but I still spell better on a daily basis than most of the folks on this site.

If you don't have something to say as per the topic, shut your pie hole. if you want to make the 11 millionth "OMFG NAZI REDZMANG>>!>!>!%$!%%" thread, be my guest.

And Mr Muffin, it aint' my website.