Turbo & Supercharge (Forced Induction) Posts regarding Turbochargers, Superchargers and any other method for Forced Induction.

Turbo Kit

Old 09-12-2008, 08:08 PM
http://www.hyundaiaftermarket.org/images/vendor1.png

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: Two 97 RD Tibs and 2010 Genesis Coupe

I have a few things under the FOR SALE section including brand new intercooler , 3 inch exhaust crush bend system and downpipe
Take a look fing02.gif
Old 09-12-2008, 08:39 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

Ill have a good starter setup for sale in a month probably with manifold, turbo, wastegate, and possibly intercooler with piping. Gotta wait for some things yet though.
Old 09-13-2008, 12:35 AM
Evo

Vehicle: 1997 Hyundai Coupe FX

ok, allow me to intervene.

it seems that the OP wants a turbo but doesnt want to know the inside to how it works/build etc.
a similar comparison, a guy wants a computer but doesnt want to build it himself..

why does the OP need to know the ins and out of how it works, and why does everyone keep telling him/her that, when it seems obvious thats not wats he's looking for
Old 09-13-2008, 01:06 AM

Vehicle: 2000 hyundai tiburon

^ well knowing this stuuf an how it operates is essentioal not causing himself to bloe=w his engine from ie too much boost, oild seals leakin on turbo, internals weakeing and so forth so he know what his turbo can do safely an not igntorantly push too far without knowing an the jkablooey no engine. were jut saying in sme cases ignorance its not bliss. better to be educated an safe than not know wat ur doing an get hurt. no offense please. just being honest
Old 09-13-2008, 01:37 AM
Evo

QUOTE (demon_wolf @ Sep 13 2008, 04:36 PM)
^ well knowing this stuuf an how it operates is essentioal not causing himself to bloe=w his engine from ie too much boost, oild seals leakin on turbo, internals weakeing and so forth so he know what his turbo can do safely an not igntorantly push too far without knowing an the jkablooey no engine. were jut saying in sme cases ignorance its not bliss. better to be educated an safe than not know wat ur doing an get hurt. no offense please. just being honest

no offence taken. but i dont agree with what you say. im not eduacated (sic) in how an engine works. sure i know the basics/theory but not to the level to build one. yet i can drive around quite fine without that knowledge. why cant the same be done with a turbo.
Old 09-13-2008, 01:58 AM

Vehicle: 2011 Kawasaki ZX6R

Because you are adding to that said engine that you know nothing about...... I don't know whats in this vile I better drink it.. oops poison, I'm dead T_T

If you are going to be adding lots of heat and cramming air down your engines throat and using the oil up faster and etc, etc.... Then you should really know what you are doing to the engine at least.
Old 09-13-2008, 02:33 AM
Evo

sure, i understant that, but that needs to be explained to the OP, not just throwing him and bunch of links and go here
Old 09-13-2008, 07:57 AM

Vehicle: 2000/Hyundai/Tiburon

i have to agree with dddude and demon on this,
the "op" has bought his said "computer" he knows how to use it, but now he wants to upgrade the processor, motherboard, hard drive etc etc, without further knowledge on what kind of parts to buy for his "computer," you get the wrong parts, or cheap/crudey parts, you risk frying the computer and having to either A) get a new one, or B) rebuild the parts that are gone

they havent really been throwing links out there for him, they have linked him to not only websites for good turbo parts, but also threads explaining what parts to get to piece together a turbo, and why to get them
Old 09-13-2008, 08:44 AM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

Very well said.

QUOTE (Evo @ Sep 13 2008, 12:35 AM)
ok, allow me to intervene.

it seems that the OP wants a turbo but doesnt want to know the inside to how it works/build etc.
a similar comparison, a guy wants a computer but doesnt want to build it himself..

why does the OP need to know the ins and out of how it works, and why does everyone keep telling him/her that, when it seems obvious thats not wats he's looking for

QUOTE (Evo @ Sep 13 2008, 01:37 AM)
no offence taken. but i dont agree with what you say. im not eduacated (sic) in how an engine works. sure i know the basics/theory but not to the level to build one. yet i can drive around quite fine without that knowledge. why cant the same be done with a turbo.

We do it because we've seen too many members come in, buy some cheap ass ebay setup, toss it on their car in search of T3h Boo5t, blow up their engine, and then call our site and their cars crap.

We don't do that here. We try to help someone figure out what they want, and how to get there safely. We also don't spoon feed ANYONE here. Folks that arent' willing to learn will quickly be selling their cars one way or another to pick up something else that's already turbocharged.
Old 09-20-2008, 07:57 PM

sorry i havent replied but i havent had power in over a week because of the stupid hurricane. I know how a turbo and engine work i work on cars for a living i've just never built a turbo kit before and don't want to buy some crap thats just going to break in a couple thousand miles. I have a $3500 budget and would like to end up with around 300hp eventually.