Turbo & Supercharge (Forced Induction) Posts regarding Turbochargers, Superchargers and any other method for Forced Induction.

Turbo And Exhaust

Old 08-23-2005, 08:53 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi... some questions I know that have been answered.... but I want to include additional questions... for your answers....

For example...

The recommended exhaust for a Turbo Tibby, it's 2.5".... What happen is the exhaust is the OEM 2"?? can it lower the PSI of the turbo because of the air cant get out easily?? (like 14PSI to 9PSI or 8PSI??) The downpipe is 2.5" just after flex pipe... after that is 2"

If I want to make a custom made exhaust, the material affect the sound?? (steel, stainless steal, aluminium, etc.)

How many glasspack and resonator do I have to use??? I want silent/pollution free Tibby

Can I use a 2.5" exhaust and the OEM muffler??? I like the dual tip and is not loud (only at high RPM)

Thanks to all..
Old 08-23-2005, 09:46 AM
http://www.hyundaiaftermarket.org/images/vendor1.png

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 01 Tiburon

Not to hijacked.gif anything but i do have some similar questions:

for a turbo setup:

- what the diameter size is the flexpipe? the stock 2nd cat (my car has 2 cats)?

- can those two (stock flex pipe and cat) be left alone and just upgrade the exhaust pipe to 2.5 right after the cat all the way to the muffler?

- what about keeping the stock flexpipe but getting a hi-flow cat instead of the stock? would that be better?

hey TiburonWao,

the turbine itself acts as a silencer/muffler (3/4 of the sound is would be gone) , the cat would dampen the sound a bit as well... so a resornator wount be necessary.

for the stock muffler, im positive that it is a 2.0" inlet... if you use it with your larger exhaust pipe... you will be constricting it at that point... get a new muffler.