Hyundai Aftermarket

Hyundai Aftermarket (https://www.hyundaiaftermarket.org/forum/)
-   Turbo & Supercharge (Forced Induction) (https://www.hyundaiaftermarket.org/forum/turbo-supercharge-forced-induction-29/)
-   -   Turbo Ecu - Smt6 (https://www.hyundaiaftermarket.org/forum/turbo-supercharge-forced-induction-29/turbo-ecu-smt6-46565/)

eTiLiKo 06-17-2008 09:50 AM

Yessssssss,finally i have received all the stuff from AtelierHP!
But now I have realized that i can't manage both secondary fuel rail and ignition with SMT6 mad.gif
AAAAAAAA,there isn't a simple solution for this problem? hail.gif

mwood 06-17-2008 10:17 AM

i am pretty sure you can control ignition w/msd 2...

i think yamaha is running it with his dual rail setup

David Dickson 06-17-2008 10:42 AM

The problem goes back to the design of the Beta1 Crank Sensor. Its a two wire sensor in which the OE ECU needs both the wire signals to operate. To control timing with the Beta1 sensor you have to connect the SMT-6 Injector Ground wire to one of the wires and the Yellow wire to the other one. Doing this means you don't have a wire to ground for the injector.
The Beta2 Crank Sensor is a 3 wire digital sensor in which the Beta2 ECU only needs the signal from one wire to operate. This allows Beta2 folks, like me, to control igntion timing and secondary injectors. To fix you problem you should've gone with the SMT-7 which has more inputs/outputs to control timing AND Injection. You could also get a programmeable MSD2 unit that will allow you to completely control your igntion timing through the MSD software.

eTiLiKo 06-17-2008 12:16 PM

I exclude the MSD option.If i add the money for the MSD to the money of the extra injectors setup i can buy a stan-alone ECU.
SMT-7....mmmmmm....are you sure that SMT-7 can control both extra injectors and ignition timing? hail.gif

sleepertib 06-17-2008 12:29 PM

^^^

I think I remember reading somewhere that Denisst99 was creating a workaround for that, but I never really found out what happened with that. I'd ask him either way though. He's the master with the SMT. He can point you in the right direction. fing02.gif

Denisst99 06-18-2008 12:39 AM

we have to keep in mind that for most mif street set-up you don't need to control ignition below 12-14 psi

by adding fuel with extra injector,you're not falsing the load signal (maf or map)
keep in mind that the beta knock sensor is very active,and wil lhelp with that "problem"
timing wise,i've tried a few methods and the beta1 ecu really doesn't like when we play with the crank signal, it detects false misfires, and put itself in limp mode,either a smt6 or 7 will do the same,lokks like it doesn't like the output the smt is giving,since it'sa bit different to the "real" crank signal wave

ignition can be done with the smt-6 but you need to use an external amplifier/ignition module

then again,you have an europeen car,wich doesn't use the same computer we have here,so maybee you can cheat the igition signal with only one wire and the computer will like it

that damn package gave us headaches,wonder why it took so long....

eTiLiKo 06-18-2008 05:44 AM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Denisst99 @ Jun 18 2008, 08:39 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>we have to keep in mind that for most mif street set-up you don't need to control ignition below 12-14 psi

by adding fuel with extra injector,you're not falsing the load signal (maf or map)
keep in mind that the beta knock sensor is very active,and wil lhelp with that "problem"
timing wise,i've tried a few methods and the beta1 ecu really doesn't like when we play with the crank signal, it detects false misfires, and put itself in limp mode,either a smt6 or 7 will do the same,lokks like it doesn't like the output the smt is giving,since it'sa bit different to the "real" crank signal wave

ignition can be done with the smt-6 but you need to use an external amplifier/ignition module

then again,you have an europeen car,wich doesn't use the same computer we have here,so maybee you can cheat the igition signal with only one wire and the computer will like it

that damn package gave us headaches,wonder why it took so long....</div>

Ok,but the tuner that must mount the kit wants to tune ignition.
There is a "low cost" amplifier that can be mounted with SMT6?

I'll check the crank sensors.Where are they located?Pulley side or flywheel side?How much tooths are on the "tooth rings"?

Denisst99 06-18-2008 05:10 PM

flywheel side
60-2 (at least that's what we got over here)

worst case, try it without running it turbo, less chance of damage if you experiment with something and it turns bad
for the igniter something cheap can be used,just need to adapt the smt6 to it i'm using a little box we make over here

eTiLiKo 06-19-2008 02:55 AM

Thanks.
Another question : on the Jay-M wiring diagrams i can see a crank sensor A and crank sensor B.There is really two crankshaft sensors?

Denisst99 06-19-2008 03:57 PM

that's because the ecu on our cars (here) check both side of the crank sensor (positive pulse and negative pulse)
we only have one crank sensor ;-)
again,
Jay-M diagram were based on ours, but won't apply to your car because your computer pin-out is different

if you want to do the timing part,comfirm what kind of crank sensor you have (hal leffect,balanced signal, logik...)

and again,
if properly tuned the timing part isn't required for a low boost set-up.. i'm running 14 psi dayly, and 18 in high gears....