Turbo & Supercharge (Forced Induction) Posts regarding Turbochargers, Superchargers and any other method for Forced Induction.

Turbo Ecu - Smt6

Old 01-25-2008, 07:25 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi guys,
after my introduction in the special section,i have spent a lot of time to read all the topics about turbo mods,and ECU management.
A friend of mine have done a turbo 2.000cc Beta1 engine with a lot of stuff that i have bought for him: wiseco pistons,pauter rods,ferrea valves,OBX manifold.
Now he is in trouble for the ECU,and he asked my help.
After reading this forum i think that the best cost effective solution is the "AtelierHP spacer" with SMT6,3bar GM MAP sensor,and a set of 300cc? injectors.
(deniiiiiissssss,my quote please 02.gif )
I forget something?

Now i have a few questions:

1)When the SMT6 open the secondary injectors,the primary injectors continue to work?
2)How many fuel table for secondary injectores have the SMT6?Only the main,or correction fuel tables also?
3)Can i see a screenshot of the SMT6 ignition features?

Bye bye fing02.gif
Old 01-25-2008, 08:21 AM
Banned

sounds like quite the build. i would use a standalone management if you don't have emissions to worry about.

1) the primaries continue to spray fuel according to the stock fuel map, or if you have modified it thru the SMT6, it will use the new fuel map.

2) What do you mean by fuel tables? Like one table for secondaries, one for primaries? I’m not quite sure how the SMT6 has everything set up, but for the emanage that I use, there is an airflow map, additional injector map, sub-injector map. I only use the sub-injector map to give me the fuel I need under boost.

3) search online and you should be able to download the software so you can see all the options and tables..
Old 01-25-2008, 10:59 AM

Vehicle: uhm..... N/A

or plan b. do a complete up grade on the fuel system. Get some RC550cc injectors, a walbro 255lph fuel pump, and a standalone fuel and spark managment system. Or look into MafterburnerII which is a piggyback fuel system that is tuneable and then a MSD ignition/spark managment system and you will still be somewhere under the 1000$+ you will spend on the smt6 system and you will still maintain factory ecu controlls like cruise control
Old 01-25-2008, 02:34 PM

Vehicle: Turbocharged 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

Stick with the plan you have, esspecially if your not a whiz when it comes to tuning cars, trust me, youll have hella headaches later if you go with standalone without knowing all the ins and outs of them, the reliability and simple tuning of the dualrail/piggyback is a godsend; something you wouldnt truely appreciate unless you have tuned both ways, it really is night and day.

Dual rail with piggyback is fool proof as far as daily driving, because it wont impact it at all, the only thing you'll have to tune is how much fuel to add under boost and how much ignition to retard if you wish to. The primaries (if you dont try to change the stock map) will fire exactly what they would without the dual rail and you just add the extra fuel to make up for the extra air through the additional injector map, its retarded easy.

Installation is a breeze as well, tap something like 5-10 wires (depending on application and whether your tuning ignition and primaries) and your done, much much much easier than installing a standalone.

You can control the stock injectors through the analog map while controlling the additionals through the injector map if you want to... all while tuning the timing on the ignition map.

download the software from perfectpower and check it out, thatll solve your problems, although youll have to read the manual to know how to set it up properly.
Old 01-25-2008, 07:57 PM
http://www.hyundaiaftermarket.org/images/vendor1.png

Vehicle: x3 accent gk tiburon santa fe

smt-6 web site

this will give you the basic informations
you'll need to register to get acces to the download section,it's quite easy and it's free
that way you will have the software and you'll be able to play with it to get a hang of it
Old 01-26-2008, 03:40 AM

2) What do you mean by fuel tables? Like one table for secondaries, one for primaries? I’m not quite sure how the SMT6 has everything set up, but for the emanage that I use, there is an airflow map, additional injector map, sub-injector map. I only use the sub-injector map to give me the fuel I need under boost.

I speak of only the secondary injector table.SMT6 have only ONE secondary fuel table,or it have also correction table?(air temperature correction,coolant temp correction,accel enrichment correction...)

Fourth question: How the secondary injector goes ON?There is a trim function based on MAP sensor,and i can choose at much pressure activate secondary injectors?

P.S. I'm going to register on SMT6 website,and download software,many thanks fing02.gif
Old 01-26-2008, 08:49 AM

Vehicle: 2005/Hyundai/Tiburon

Here's another option you might want to check out. I have been running one on my 05 Beta II Tib for about 6 months and it is working great, long term fuel trim is staying at .07%.

I have the Alpine SC kit on my car and wanted to get rid of the Unichip piggyback and the 5th injector for something I could get tuned locally I was considering going to a secondary fuel rail when I found out about the AEM FIC. It uses a different method to control the injectors, it changes the injector signal pulsewidth, and I am running a set of 34lb LS2 Chevy primary injectors. The FIC cuts the injector output back to the same as the stock 190cc injectors for NA running and the ECU stays happy. The car starts, idles, and drives the same as it when it was stock. The FIC has an onboard MAP sensor and you add the fuel you need when running under boosted conditions. The FIC can retard timing but doesn't advance it. It also lets me control the AF ratio when running in low boost closed loop conditions. It was easier than adding a secondary fuel rail and the cost was less. I don't know if it has been tried on a Beta I motor yet, sooner or later someone needs to find out if it will work.

http://www.aempower.com/ViewCategory...CategoryID=116
Old 04-15-2008, 12:14 PM

Well,I went with SMT-6 and spacer, I am waiting to receive them.

Denis,can you know the tracking number,and give me it?Sebastien doesn't answer anymore.
Thanks fing02.gif

EDIT
Sebastien finally reply to my email,thanks a lot.
I'm a bit anxious laugh.gif
Old 04-16-2008, 12:25 AM
http://www.hyundaiaftermarket.org/images/vendor1.png

Vehicle: x3 accent gk tiburon santa fe

so i can ignore the PM ?

the shop has been busy like hell for the past weeks so he might have not been checking his e-mail each days
Old 04-16-2008, 02:41 AM

Yes,ignore it. fing02.gif
Thanks a lot