Turbo & Supercharge (Forced Induction) Posts regarding Turbochargers, Superchargers and any other method for Forced Induction.

Turbo Build Tips

Old 05-12-2006, 09:14 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Alright F/I guys Im in need of some info. When Im ready to have my turbo installed Im going to have one of the many local tuner shops do the install. Now the reason for this post is for all of you boosted folks to post your opinions on where to locate and install certain parts, etc. All these shops have done a lot of work on civics and other JDMs. Im afraid they wont know some of the problems all of you boosted tibs know.

Basically I want to know your trial and errors- and your solutions to them all. Like where to put oil feed lines, where to mount this where to weld that. get the idea? I know there are countless topics about things like this but unless you specifically know what to look for youll never find it. so i thought itd be good idea to have one thread dedicated to any and all turbo build tips. I think this will help out any person lookin to boost their tib and having it done by someone who HASNT boosted a tib before lol. So just make a list of any small or large tip you can think of.

Im so worried bout these JDM guys messin up i was/am HIGHLY considerin askin Viper to do my COMPLETE install haha and i live 7-8 hrs away from him owned.gif What ya think bout that viper lol joke.gif
Old 05-12-2006, 09:34 AM

Each and every setup is gonna be different, the best way to go about it is to mount the turbo and manifold along with the intercooler and then take it from there, by doing that you will see exactly where the down pipe and charge piping has to be routed as well as the oil lines and coolant lines if you need them. As far as fuel managment there are to many options there for any basic instructions.
Old 05-12-2006, 10:01 AM

if u really feel uncomfortable doing it and you REALLY want me to do the install let me know and ill see what i can do for you
Old 05-12-2006, 10:10 AM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

If they do good installs on Honda cars, no reason they shouldn't do the same thing to Hyundai. The motors are quite similar in design, same rules still apply to how the system should be setup.
Old 05-12-2006, 10:11 AM

^^i mean i trust their work, but id like knowing someone is working on my car i can trust and who has the same car as me and able to solve any problems that may arise lol. But i will see how possible you doin the work would be for me mainly financially