Turbo & Supercharge (Forced Induction) Posts regarding Turbochargers, Superchargers and any other method for Forced Induction.

turbo

Old 03-17-2002, 03:36 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 01 Tiburon
Default turbo

what parts would i need to get in order to put a turbo on my car and would my stock internals work fine with it. i was looking at turbochargers on ebay and they were pretty cheap but i was just wondering what all i would need to complete the kit
Old 03-17-2002, 07:22 AM

Here's what one person did:
Click Here

i've been doing research myself.. hehe smile.gif

(i think i found this from hyundaiperformance.com..)

[ March 17, 2002, 02:25 PM: Message edited by: totoro001 ]
Old 03-17-2002, 07:37 AM

first off go to ebay and buy this: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...item=1813185656

i think thats about the cheapest ive seen a turbo selling for.

then youll need a manifold, downpipe, wastegate, intercooler, blow off valve, and piping.

id recomend you get some sort of fuel managment system, as well as an S-AFC, or other engine manigment system.

after anthony (Curtas) and i get through building ours well probibly post a guide about how we did it, as well as problems we ran into, etc...
Old 03-17-2002, 10:49 PM

Oh yeah, big guide and list of problems. Fittings are the worst part, especially if you buy a turbo off a factory car. If you just buy a Turbonetics new, I'm sure they tell you how to connect everything.

I've been trying to throw together a "how it's going" webpage for the turbo, but just haven't had the time.

You can do it, and do it inexpensively (if you consider $2k inexpensive), but it takes research and patience.

ac