Turbo & Supercharge (Forced Induction) Posts regarding Turbochargers, Superchargers and any other method for Forced Induction.

Turbo pieces-n-parts

Old 03-11-2002, 03:21 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Turbo pieces-n-parts

hey all you turbo smart ppl out there, im buying Onpol's Turbo, and well... ive got a few questions. since no one out there sells the piping (that ive found) ive done some looking. ive found that i can actually buy custom made pipes for cheap as hell! (mandrel bent) so im wondering if someone can post a list of pipe dimensions that will be needed.

also: if i up the injectors (BTW what injectors will i need?) will i need a new fuel pump? will i need a new MAF, or will i just have to go with an entirely new chip?

obviously a good exhaust is imperative... but ive heard that if your running a turbo you dont want to run aftermarked headers. ive looked around for a reason but i cant find one. thanks everyone!
Old 03-11-2002, 04:45 AM

You should upgrade your fuel pump even if you keep the stock injectors. I have a low-milage one off of a 1996 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX Turbo.

As for piping, I was going to get an assortment of bends and adapters and just make the piping myself. What place did you find that will do a custom job? I've had a heluva time finding a mandrel bender anywhere around here. Most places stock pre-bent and weld them togehter. If you could hook me up with a name/site/number, I'd appreciate it.

The hardest thing to get is going to be the downpipe, especially if you go with an external wastegate. You have to have a 90-deg bend, a wiggle bend (slight S shape) a flex pipe, flanges, a wastegate dump tube, and an O2 sensor bung all welded on there. Not cheap. Probably $200 from a shop (if you can find one that'll do it). I'm going to tackle this with my buddy's welder.

Other things to get, oil fittings, water lines, hose clamps and check-valves. I'm compiling a list so I can order it all at once and be done with it. I'll keep you posted as I find things I/we need.

good luck,
AC
Old 03-11-2002, 05:09 AM

theres a turbo shop off of route 1, just outside of laurel md. theyre actually a prosche custom turbo shop who has like 3 cars they race but they are willing to make the custom piping. im actually headed down there right now smile.gif to talk to the owner some more. hes really interested in doing this cause he thinks the car "looks mean" ill post what i find out as soon as im back from the shop.
Old 03-11-2002, 06:16 AM

well i just got back from that so called turbo shop lol. anyway, whoever i talked to on the phone (obviously WASNT the owner like me made it sound) was a damn moron cause they dont do ANYTHING except install premade kits on porche's ONLY. what a waste of my time. so its back to square one. Onpol said that some guy in africa sells manifolds, and downpipes for the Tib. i guess ill try to figure out how to contact him.
Old 03-11-2002, 08:32 AM

That's UFB. He comes around here once in a while and posts more over at HP. Post something with Attn: UFB or PM him and I'm sure he'll respond.

sucks about the piping. good luck in the future. I looked in our engine bays, and there's enough room to do just simple bends, once you remove the resonator and intake box. One 90 degree and straight tubing from the TB to the intercooler (with a flex joing in the middle for engine movement), a 90 from the outlet to the intercooler, and some half bends and couplings to get from the corner of the engine bay around to the intercooler inlet/outlet. That's the hard part. Some cars with tight engine bays have to have custom jobs done in order to fit the hood on. we're lucky in that regard.

later,
ac
Old 03-11-2002, 09:51 AM

Vehicle: 2009 Hyundai Sonata Limited V6, 2008 Nissan Xterra Off-Road

If you want the Ballistic Racing kit (UFB's kit), let me know.

We're (HP.Com) the only authorized importer for it in the United States.
Old 03-11-2002, 10:21 PM

I'm gonna be ordering a FUll on Turbo from Body-kit.com, it will change my Drivetrain(2w, to awd), and give me a 320 bhp... with a wet nitrous system... I'll rull around my house... the problem is it's gonna cost me with all the different mods... 10k+......

The biggest Problem of all... No Credit card... NO job... LOL

Here are the Spec's
Engine 2000cc Engine (4G63) Complete 320 bhp Maximum Speed 155mph, 0-100 in 4.8 seconds
Computer Complete Computers, Sensors, Wiring
Gear Box Complete Gear Box with GSR Gear Box
Brakes System Complete Evo VI Brake System with 4 pot Brembo's,
Suspension Complete Evo VI Suspension System
4WD System Complete Evo VI AWD system with AYC
Total US$ 7500 + Shipping
More Details : Technical Info Free of Charge by Experts
COMPLETE ENGINE WITH ENGINE MOUNTS
FRONT INTERCOOLER
GSR COMPLETE GEAR BOX
ECU WITH WIRE HARNESS
FRONT SUSPENSION WITH CROSS BAR AND BREMBO BRAKE KIT
REAR SUSPENSION WITH PROPELLER SHAFT AND BREMBO BRAKE KIT
INTERCOOLER SPRAY SWITCH
DASH BOARD METER SET UP TO 9000 RPM
FRONT RADIATOR WITH FAN
FUSE BOXES
COMPLETE EXCAUST FROM THE INTAKE MANIFOLD UP TO THE END
Old 03-12-2002, 12:52 AM

so do you sell the individual parts that i need 4DOORGL? i mean can i buy the piping, downpipe, and manifold from you? please let me know. thanks man!
Old 03-12-2002, 04:48 AM

4DoorGL, if you all could sell the downpipe with wastegate dump tube separately, you'd have a definite buyer here. (maybe even 2 smile.gif )

Heck, just the regular downpipe and I'll weld on the dump tube. Either way, I'm not looking forward to welding multiple flanges, exhaust pipes, flex pipe, and dump tube together. Doable, but I'll pay the markup to know it works.

let us know.
ac
Old 03-12-2002, 05:42 AM

well, ive got the downpipe too now so it seems. guess all i need is the piping, manifold, intercooler, and wastegate. well... that and a fuelpump, and injectors. im also looking @ junkyards around here for an IM. i want to polish it. im not too sure about porting it just yet. maybe after i replace my rods, pistons, and cam. i think we need to hook up on IRC or ICQ sometime Curtas; maybe throw some ideas @ each other smile.gif