Turbo & Supercharge (Forced Induction) Posts regarding Turbochargers, Superchargers and any other method for Forced Induction.

Tib Goals

Old 06-02-2005, 09:59 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Okay guys, looking for some thoughts here (as always, I appreciate it). I guess my long term goal is to reach around 300 whp. So far I've been doing simple N/A mods, but I'm trying to look at the overall project and see what the long term goals are. Right now I have an Automatic transmission. I know with a turbo you can do around 10 PSI on the tib, but can you guys tell me if it's possible for me to reach the 300 whp goals without doing a swap to manual? Can you guys also give me a recommended setup to attain 300 whp? Would my best bet be a kit from speed-factor? Basic or Extreme? Feedback is appreciated wink1.gif

*** EDIT ***
Also, this is my daily driver... So, I want to keep the every day driving performance good too.
Old 06-02-2005, 10:28 AM

Vehicle: 2004 Acura TL

Yeah, speed-factor will set you up proper. He's got a kit in the FS forums right now actually.

The autotragic may come into play with the goals you have but hell, why not. Tranny's are cheap if you can replace them yourself. Find out what broke it and fix that.

Trust me anything can be done if you have enough cash. Just where you spend it is the big thing.
Old 06-02-2005, 10:31 AM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

First thing you really need to do is swap that biznitch to a manual mang.
Old 06-02-2005, 10:31 AM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

Speed-Factor Extreme Kit @ 12PSI or so
Manual tranny with LSD if your going to drive it hard
Old 06-02-2005, 10:34 AM

When he said .... "Daily Driver" this makes me think .. 300 HP and Daily driver good luck with that. I think you should do some research on it before you just Slap a turbo on there. Why are you bothering to do N/A mods if your going to go turbo anyway? I'd assume simple ones include Intake/BBTB/Header? there gone once you go turbo.

You also can't just slap on the extream kit and then POOOF have 300 HP... Look it up this has been covered a Bajilllion times..
Old 06-02-2005, 11:22 AM

QUOTE (blacktibby @ Jun 2 2005, 04:34 PM)
When he said .... "Daily Driver" this makes me think .. 300 HP and Daily driver good luck with that. I think you should do some research on it before you just Slap a turbo on there. Why are you bothering to do N/A mods if your going to go turbo anyway? I'd assume simple ones include Intake/BBTB/Header? there gone once you go turbo.

You also can't just slap on the extream kit and then POOOF have 300 HP... Look it up this has been covered a Bajilllion times..

I don't remember saying I was just going to slap it on and have 300 HP. I've also researched, thanks. I've done simple (and few) N/A mods. CAI and Exhaust thus far. Nothing more. I figured before I start buying headers and everything else, maybe I should look at where I really plan on going with it all.
Old 06-02-2005, 11:29 AM

well with turbo ull probably need to go 3" exhaust unlees you have that already. mines a daily driver, but i dont know enough about turbos and with fuel prices dont want to pay for premium so im stickin with N/A and money of course. if i had a beater id go turbo but i dont so im not lol

reasons why people dont go turbo(according to a little poll random took in a previous post)
*money
*reliablity
*lack of knowledge
***forgot**impatient (like me) lol i want mods that i can buy when i have the money and will give me power right away. i cant save for a turbo** lol
Old 06-02-2005, 11:34 AM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

you would definatelly want the extream because the reg dosent include the I/C so if you make a lot a boost the air is going to get hot so you need to keep it cool because of detonation, if you keep cold air in there you can run higher compression and lower octane, but you will need the low comp pistons and at least premium gas, if you can higher for more boost, in the Max Boost book it has graphs on what octane comp and boost you can run, also you will probally need a pretty big turbo for that much boost if you dont mind the little extra lag, make sure to have a nice IM, TB, and turbo back exhaust for more power and less lag, the filter is also pretty important because it is a big restriction, also you should port and polish the head, dont buy anything cheap like a log style e manifold, a 300 hp daily driver is extreamly powerful I would think 250 is more doable, cheaper, and less maintance, 250 should be plenty unless you really want 300 hp, make sure to have a suspension that can take that much hp too, its not just how much the engine can do, but the whole car smile.gif
Old 06-02-2005, 11:59 AM

Well, in the town I live in, everybody has a stupid mustang. They all think they're cool shit pulling up next to the tib and peeling out. I really want to be able to take out the majority of vehicles that do that crap. That's my goal. I guess it doesn't have to be 300 whp, especially if that's not realistic for a daily driver as well. I just want an extremely fast daily driver that can whip your average mustang that pulls up beside me if need be. Stupid mustangs.
Old 06-02-2005, 12:07 PM

ponys, gt's, or cobras. anything above a gt you will have some trouble possibly. unless of course you can get 300whp. lol where do you live, if its close i might have to take my cobra out for a spin there and show them what a real mustang can do