Turbo & Supercharge (Forced Induction) Posts regarding Turbochargers, Superchargers and any other method for Forced Induction.

Supercharger Rebuild Shop

Old 10-17-2010, 07:13 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2005/Hyundai/Tiburon
Default Supercharger Rebuild Shop

I have been running my rebuilt SC, Eaton MP45, for a couple of months and all is good. I wanted to make sure everything was OK before recommending the shop that did the work.

I get 12 lbs of boost all the time now and boost comes up quicker. Before the rebuild I was getting 10 to 12 lbs at lower air temps but only 10 lbs during the summer.

I sent it to "The High Speed Lab" in St louis and they do great work. My SC had about 80,000 miles on it when I sent it in. The coating was completely gone on my rotors and the front seal was seeping some oil. I am pretty sure that my water/alcohol injecton contributed to the rotor coating loss.

I had the rotors re-coated and the rotor case bore coated also. They are the only place I found that does this. Coating the inside of the case lowers the intake air temps and tigntens up the rotor to case clearance. They put all new bearings in and a new snout seal.

I talked to Magnusson, they don't re-coat old rotors. They would have put in a new set of rotors, new bearings and seal, no coating on the inside of the case and it would have cost me more.

If you have a high mile SC that needs work check them out, I will send mine back when it needs it again, Wade at The High Speed Lab says his rebuilds usually last at least 150,000 miles.