Turbo & Supercharge (Forced Induction) Posts regarding Turbochargers, Superchargers and any other method for Forced Induction.

super and turbo

Old 04-23-2002, 02:04 PM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Vehicle: 2008 Toyota Prius 2006 Suzuki SV650S

kikassboy:
nice...thanks random and everyone else...however my real question is....can i fit a turbo and a super into the i4 engine compartment, or at least a dual turbo?
Yes, you can fit a single turbo, or a supercharger on the i4 rather easily. A twin turbo on a i4 is pointless. Too much lag, the turbo's would have to be so small they would be rather inefficent at high RPM.
Old 04-24-2002, 03:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Random,
When you mentioned the supercharger for the 03 Tib for the the GT, and that it would make around 225 hp. Now I remember reading that making that much power might cut the engines life to about 50,000 since it's so weak? Wouldn't that kinda of be pointless if it kills your engine that soon? Does that mean if I did the mods ( TB, SR CAI, Catback, header) and made and released close to 200 HP or 210 HP would that also shorten the engine life? Also does that mean stock or with the suggested mods you mentioned for 225 HP? Would the super plus the mods be dangerous and go over the 250HP? I know you probably don't have the answers yet, but I thought I would ask just incase . Oh does all the information you are getting from the 2.5 delta in korea or the actually 2.7 delta?
Old 04-25-2002, 07:29 AM

SCCA 01 Elantra:
now if your going to add NO2 to turbo then you would need to upgrade the fuel pump and injectors. and would only run a 50 shot wet on a turbo without major mods to internals.
how small of a turbo you talking about???

A 50 shot would most likely double with a turbo because of the cooling effect

If your planning on turbo and nitrous then i suggest you upgrade the internals

nobody wants to run small boost with a small shot,... its best just to increase the boost or increase the shot if your considering a power output somewhere between 160-220WHP
Old 04-25-2002, 06:45 PM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Vehicle: 2008 Toyota Prius 2006 Suzuki SV650S

MagusKampodraken

Just because you modify an engine, that doesn't meant that you are "wearing it out". It just means that you have to accelerate the maintenance schedule on the motor. Most motors need an overhaul sooner or later. The more modified a motor is, the sooner you have to overhaul it. The 5000HP drag engines get overhauled after every race. Nascar and Indy car motors get overhauled every 500 miles. (or so). The same is true for the beta and delta engines. They will need to be overhauled or replaced sooner or later. If you modifiy them, you will need to do it sooner.

The supercharger is designed as a "stand alone" modification. If you then modify the motor, you may end up stressing it too far. The easy way around that is to turn down the supercharger just a tad (install a larger pulley), or simply not do the modifications.

If you want to do the modifications to alter the HP/Torque curve, the supercharger can simply be turned down with a larger pully to run 1 or 2 psi less boost, however, this again alters your HP/torque curves, so it becomes a dangerous cycle that may get you into trouble.

There has been some talk about building replacement parts for the delta. However, at this time, there is not a big enough market, and it does not appear to be cost effective to make/install the parts. (the Beta is still cheaper to buy and swap in, and then modify to make crazy HP).

The Supercharged Delta V6 has been running for several thousand miles so far, with no problems at about the 225 wheel HP mark. Once they get a few thousand more miles under the engine, and the kit proves itself to be truely reliable, you can bet you will start seeing it on our shores. Unless you are willing to risk your motor now... tongue.gif
Old 04-26-2002, 03:32 AM

Ok If I heard you right, that would be engine mods not things like intake and exhaust. Though I have a question, will this supercharger have a idle value like I have seen other kits. The function of this is when at idle, the supercharger freely spins (saving gas) like a bicycle if you pedal backwards. I am glad to hear the motor is doing great! I image the delta is stronger than we think, but of course not beta strong wink . Oh just for information, I found a press thing about HCD 7 or something. And they mentioned the Delta 2.7 V6! And guess what they were quoting power wise? 215 HP! What happened been then and now is someone beating the intake and exhaust with an ugly stick. (no really! )
Old 04-26-2002, 03:41 AM

Oh... And Hell yeah I would let ya strap the supercharger on my car. The only problem is I don't have a job yet (grad May 19th) cause of the economy. And I need that to get the Tibby first. The only other problem is I am currently in the WV-MD area. I am thinking you guys need me to be in CA to do this Oh well I should be getting a Tibby soon Oh just to warn fellow tibby's out their...Saturn is coming out with a new small car Sedan called the ION. These cars are pretty damn light...around 2400 lbs I think (miata weight). I should know I have an older 92. Well Ponatic is coming out with the supercharger Solicte that will put out around 225 HP. Well here is the kicker. ION engine=Solicte engine minus charger! So you could walk in get a ION for 10,000 new and strap on a super for cheap! If you plan on taking on one of these new IONs make sure they don't have a charger (unless you got mad power )
Old 04-26-2002, 09:26 AM

u could prob throw a twin turbo on a v6 tibby i think that would be do able?????