Turbo & Supercharge (Forced Induction) Posts regarding Turbochargers, Superchargers and any other method for Forced Induction.

Secondary Fuel Rail Issues.

Old 06-07-2008, 07:48 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2000 Hyundai Elantra

While driving around last night, my secondary fuel rail popped off again. This is only the seocnd time it has happened, but I want to make it a permanent fix. The mounting for the rail is between the head and intake manifold, with two steel studs coming off of that to the rail. Originally, the rail had two tapped holes where two screws would go, over time, the holes stripped out from the steel bolts. After that, I used some JBweld in the studs to secure the rail down, well, now that came off. Any input on what I can do to fix this for good. I was thinking of using Aluminum studs and spot welding around where the rail and studs meet. Any suggestions would be welcome.

Old 06-07-2008, 09:31 AM

Vehicle: 2005/Hyundai/Tiburon

I have used both of these to repair threads in aluminum motorcycle parts and they worked great.

http://www.timesert.com/

http://www.helicoil.in/
Old 06-07-2008, 09:50 AM
http://www.hyundaiaftermarket.org/images/vendor1.png

Vehicle: x3 accent gk tiburon santa fe

try putting a pic on how the screws goes in the fuel rail
and a pic of the holders

we never had that kind of problem with the rails we make and sell

the "clones" out there might have be done differently
maybee some parts from our kit could fix your issues....
Old 06-07-2008, 12:34 PM
Banned

i had the issue one time.. it really sucked cuz i was in a rush to get somewhere. when it popped off, luckily a mustang guy stopped by and gave me a couple 0-rings cuz one got torn up in process.

my threads weren't stripped, but the little set screws i had in there eventually loosened up.. what i did was get some socket head cap screws to replace the set screws and used locktite. never happened again.

from the looks of that rail, looks EXACTLY like mine..

you can see the little set screw right above the wire from the injector.
Old 06-07-2008, 02:58 PM

Socks, I got my rail kit from the same person that made yours. Originally, the kit came with two small set screws, over time those stripped out, and I tapped the rail for 5mm bolts, those held for sometime up to this point.
Old 06-07-2008, 03:04 PM
Banned

ahh, i only had the issue 1 time over 2 years with the rail popping like it did.. i would try the locktite idea.

your spacers from the actual spacer look alot different then mine did. the posts that slide into the rail.. what are they. in mine, they were bolt studs.
Old 06-07-2008, 03:08 PM

They are solid studs, I may look into getting a steel rail made and spot welding the studs and rails together.
Old 06-07-2008, 04:25 PM

Vehicle: 1997 Tiburon

This is how I made mine, threaded rod into the rail, then a hex nut thread in the side of the rail going through the rail and half of the rod. Than a second hex nut on top of it to lock it in place.

All you can see is the hex nut, but thats flush with the rail anyhow so....