Turbo & Supercharge (Forced Induction) Posts regarding Turbochargers, Superchargers and any other method for Forced Induction.

Scoupe turbo assy

Old 06-24-2002, 02:45 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2000 Red Accent 4 Door
Default Scoupe turbo assy

How hard is it to put on a complete turbo assembly of a scoupe turbo to a 2k accent 1.5l? what mods need to be done to the motor? I got lucky and found a complete turbo/manifold with 45k miles on it for 200.

Josh
Old 06-24-2002, 08:22 PM

Vehicle: Lancer Evo IX

Uh oh...hey man the Accent's running an Alpha, the S-Coupe's running what is essentially a Mitsubishi engine. The fitment can be done, but you're gonna need a custom manifold and downpipe for the turbo. I don't know much about turbocharging except how to fix it, but to graft a turbo onto the Alpha, it's gonna take some work man. If you havent got the turbo yet, maybe you should check id anyone carries Alpha turbo applications.
Old 06-25-2002, 07:58 AM

If you have the 1.5 sohc engine in your accent then you can make it fit witout many problems! I know because I am in the process of doing it right now! The scoup turbo shares the same engine as the accent they are almost identical both are 1.5 sohc engines the main difference is that some had distributors and some later ones had coil packs both are alpha engines and some have different placement on the sensors ohter than that they are the same!!
Old 06-25-2002, 08:33 AM

Vehicle: 2009 Hyundai Sonata Limited V6, 2008 Nissan Xterra Off-Road

accent 1 is correct. The Turbo S-Coupe has the G4EKT engine, while your 2000 Accent has the G4EK. There are a few differences, but the manifold and turbo should bolt on fine.

The G4EKT has low-compression pistons (7:1), oil squirters below the pistons, a different intake manifold designed for better distribution of the charge air to all 4 cylinders. There are a few more minor differences.

The S-Coupe had a Mitsu engine in the 91 and 92 model year. From 93-95 they either had the G4EK or the G4EKT.