Turbo & Supercharge (Forced Induction) Posts regarding Turbochargers, Superchargers and any other method for Forced Induction.

turbo from a grand am work on tib?

Old 06-25-2002, 06:45 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default turbo from a grand am work on tib?

do u know if a turbo from a 2.0 rand am woudl fit on my 2.0 tibby?
Old 06-25-2002, 06:58 AM

the turbo itself will fit i'm sure but all the tubing and such would probably not fit and would have to be custom made for your car. or you could try and buy a kit somewhere and just put the turbbo on to that. but i'm not sure what all you would need but i'm sure someone would clarify all of that for you.
Old 06-25-2002, 07:00 AM

Vehicle: Ex Hyundai Owner

I'm sorry man, but see questions like this although I understand why you might not know should not be posted until you have done further research...

I mean, if we take the time to answer a question like this w/o you doing any research first then we will soon be answering questions like:

Do you know if a turbo from a:

jetta
volkswagon
integra
f1 car
motorcycle

would work???

I am being sarcastic but I hope you understand my point... Please do a little more research on our engines and on the car you are asking, I'm sure you can find a picture of a GRAND AM engine bay and one of a tibby somewhere and then repost your question, if the ENGINES are 90% equal in looks at least...
Old 06-25-2002, 09:00 PM

Vehicle: Lancer Evo IX

Uhhh dude if you wanna get another car's turbo in there you gotta do your homework, the flow rating of the heads and the engine's effective swept volume wouldnt be able to spool a very large turbo, the AR ratio of the turbo counts for a lot as well, so does the manifold and downpipe setup. The wastegate is another problem altogether, is it internal or stand-alone? Will you have a computer that supports turbocharging or are you going with stand-alone boost control? If you're going with a monster setup you'll need a computer that can handle the fuel management and an O2 sensor with a band wide enough to cope with the increased exhaust gas emmitted. You might even need either a wider band MAP or MAF, but if you got an MAF then you'd be better off with a converter that will bypass the MAF.

Dunno man, sounds like you're better off waiting for teamSR's kit or have one made FOR your specific driving style. I'm still new to turbocharging a stock NA engine, so you'll have to look to the Gurus for help on this one.